Transformation2

Dream Dictionary

Dream Dictionary

Online Dream Dictionary & Encyclopedia by Tony Crisp

(Posts that have any adverts or links to other sites will be deleted).

This a non-profit site and it offers real dream interpretations – not dream dictionary features that are not real interpretations – and for which we ask no payment, but it would be a great help if you clicked on the Facebook and other links to like what we do.

An easy way to ask for an intrepretation is to write your dream in the Leave a Comment box at the top right of every feature page. To see any reply, go to the end of the page you put the comment on. I put a test on the page http://dreamhawk.com/poems/the-song/ I looks like the following -

Comments

-Tony Crisp 2017-06-12 7:31:42
I wrote this poem after a two days meditation course. It was an attempt to express what I experienced.
-Tony Crisp 2017-06-12 7:46:22

Just a test to see how one can see the replies.

Also, I am alone in working on your dreams, and it takes time so I cannot always keep up with the number of request you send. Also I am revising the dictionary – a long business – so please look at the dozens of replies at the very end of the ‘comment’ section, hopefully you will find something helpful. But here is a way to work out your own dream – Dreams Meaning. Also it is important to give a full account of your dream - see Give Us Enough Information.

Also the site has enormous resources – so you can search for so many things – everything from abortion, the house in your dream to sex and death – simply by putting the search words in the search box.

There is also the full list of encyclopedia features on this site, this is not a list of dream dictionary words - Features Found on Site

Forest-A

Also be aware that I offer a personal dream interpretation service. You can access this by putting a full explanation of your dream in the ‘Leave a Comment’ box at the top right of most dream dictionary pages. Or if you click on the Discussion Forum you can have a personal interpretation and see thousands of dreams already interpreted, completely different to the dream dictionary.

Forest-A

I know how much you might like to skip the introduction, and if you are tempted to do so, please, please read Summing Up. Without understanding the things given there you are likely to completely miss the point of understanding your dreams.

Your dreams can become vortexes of power to transform your life, and to enhance your perceptions. There is no ‘wave a magic wand’ route to this. It will not happen because you read a great book, or look at a good dream dictionary. Those things might help, but the real magic lies in whether you can enter into your dream in the right way. Try using Meaning of Your Dream

But you can start right here by entering a dream image and clicking the search symbol – or you can read some fuller information below about the dictionary and how best to use it. The easiest way to find something is to enter it in the box below or in the search box on each page.

Search :

Interpretations are given by Tony Crisp

What does my dream mean? – How to explore your dream meanings:

It is important in reading the definitions of dream images to realise that not every possible meaning can be covered. So please see if you get the idea of what is being said and allow your own imagination/feelings to fill in the meaning.

There are several ways you can understand the meanings held in your dreams, and there are several levels. The first is an easily understood level, followed by greater depths:

1. You can enter a key word in the search box above. The Dream Dictionary contains interpretations on almost any type of dream subject. So if you dreamt of a flying saucer landing in a field, and aliens getting out and taking a baby,  a snake, and a pregnant dog back into the saucer, you could search separately for each of these subjects in the Dream Dictionary. Find the entry for flying saucer; then the entry for dog, baby,  snake,  pregnant, and so on. For each entry, find further related entries by looking under “Similar Articles” on the right hand side of the page. Then see Techniques for Exploring your Dreams

2. Each entry gives the general meaning of the dream subject, just as an encyclopedia or dictionary does for a word. Several possible meanings are given. This is because as with our speech the position of the word – the context – gives it special meanings. So a hot dog would be quite different to a black dog, dog-end or dead dog. So when you read an entry which has several different meanings, sometimes with a ‘;’ between, it simply means any one of them could apply. So you need to think about the feelings in your dream, the context, the other imagery used. Please do not fall  into the trap that one reviewer made of saying that the whole dictionary is about sex. Of course sex is one meaning among many others. So use your own sense of your dream as well as any definitions given. See Meaning of Your Dream

3. To really explore the meaning it is useful to use the Dream Dictionary as it is designed, rather than arrive at a ‘thought out’ interpretation. To see a working example of this see ‘Dream Interpretation Example One’.

Below are links to the full explanation and introduction to the complete Dream Dictionary Ultimate. You will see that it is being enlarged and improved all the time.

Introduction to the Dream Dictionary Ultimate

Tony Crisp has been interested in the health of mind and body since his early teens. I began writing about these subjects in 1956. My fascination for what lay under the surface of the mind led me to personally explore the unconscious using dreams and other mental and physical disciplines. From 1972 till ‘94 I worked as a psychotherapist using an eclectic, Humanistic Psychology approach which included dream work and releasing the secrets the body holds. My books include Do You Dream; The Instant Dream Book; and Liberating The Body and many more. See My Books also Life’s Little Secrets

During those years I has worked as a dream columnist for The Daily Mail, and She Magazine. I was the regular dream interpreter for the London Broadcasting Company; I ran Teletext’s dream page on UK television’s Channel Four; and also for New Zealand Teletext and now run this web site giving dream help as well as many features on subjects connected with the  human inner world.

Throughout more than five decades I have been involved in a personal search for the secrets of mind and spirit. In those years I have also taught thousands of people techniques of deep relaxation, meditation, and methods of self exploration using dreams. Wanting to dig deep I explored the use of dreams and taught individuals and groups of people how to use these visions of the night to discover and heal the deepest issues in themselves, and to touch the high ground of their spiritual awareness. I worked for twenty years as a psychotherapist using several approaches, one of which was a way of honouring the body as a doorway to the unconscious mind, the emotions and spiritual experience. See The LifeStream

During the sixty years of seeking the wild wondrous beasts of the mind and spirit I dared my own inner adventure. But I also travelled with other people as an ordinary person, not a therapist, sharing their experience of fear and wonder as they unveiled and set loose their fountain of perception. I have travelled countless dream pathways, traversed the timeless with those using awareness enhancing drugs, and wrestled with the vitality of the body as people mimed and shouted their deepest intuitions through movement, dance and voice.

Acknowledgement to this Edition

The Next Step – Criticisms

Introduction to Using the Dream Dictionary

The Discovery of Dreams – Things We Need to Remember About Us

Gaining Insight Into Your Dreams

A Master Course in Exploring Your Dreams

Using The Dictionary

Comments

-Kamilla 2017-02-06 19:24:53

I understand this is a lot of work that you do in order to help people like me. I just want to say thank you.

-Jodie 2017-02-13 15:05:34

Hi Tony, I’m always dreaming about my deceased father always during his sick days..He didn’t say anything, I just seen him..In my dreams he is not dead yet but still on his sick days. What does it mean..Thank you!

-Callen marcum 2017-02-20 4:02:44

I dreamed that I saw a girl murdered by her hair being pulled till she dyed and I saw her buried and me and my brother went to this house where this murder happened and the guy was in jail and we went in to look and she tired killing me the same way before I woke up .

-sharika 2017-02-20 12:27:22

In my dream I saw I had two different coloured eyes one way brown and the other one was greyish green. And I told my mum why isn’t my eyes permanent? She told me im wearing lens. What does my dream means

-Dorcas 2017-02-24 20:42:02

I dreamnt I saw very many disable people with their begging bowls and cups. Among them was a mad man. The mad man starts chasing people along the street and I also ran away. What could be the meaning of the dream? Because I was with my little niece

-A.Dan 2017-03-11 11:04:45

Over a span of a few years. my daughter has dreams of drowning in liquids like nail polish, oatmeal, and just recently she dreamt of her little brother drowning in a pool of water.

-L Geller 2017-03-18 14:34:32

Looking out my window, I noticed the clouds. As I watched them they seemed to compress onto themselves. A huge bank of them suddenly fell from the sky slamming onto the area where I live. It didn’t damage my home but the whole area was effected by many feet of compressed snow. I had been in a car with friends and when the sky glacier fell , the concussion threw the car in the air and we were all thrown about inside. I lost sight of my gun and searched for it in earnest. Emergency crews started showing up. But, because I knew that this event was a game changer, I knew I had to find that gun. Once I did, I could then start helping the people around me. A neighbors horse was injured and struggling. I my pets appeared injured, but o.k..

-Brandy 2017-03-27 0:21:34

I have always been a very intuitive person and have had some of the most remarkable dreams that have had very strong meaning, though this latest one I need help interpreting if you would please help me. It starts with an old Indian man sitting on a mountain with looks like owl feathers in his hair, as the wind blows his hair turns into the mane of a lion sitting behind him, both just watching the horizon as an eagle flys past and his feathers turn the day into night, I then see a wolf face and a bear face in the purple horizon then black birds fly above. Then white smoke covers the mountains and a white owl looks at me then fades away, , the day comes quickly and everything is brown like desert mountains and a brown owl walks towards me with a string around his neck and a small silver coin tied to the string. I couldn’t make out the coin, but it looked very old and tarnished. I feel as though everything means something, but the owl and coin seems very important. Will you please help me find something that this may relate to?

-Chicha 2017-03-27 10:50:12

I dreamed about the same man three times. I can see him from head to toe. He was a very handsome man, tall with dimples. In my dream the first time, he only stares at me. I was t uncomgortable, I was only trying to figure out why is this man staring at me. He never said anything and finally I woke up… the second dream was the exact same… he just stare and smile and I ws wake up. The third and final dream, same thing look and smile except before I felt my self waking up he said to me “why do you put up with that? ” Never to see this handsome man again!

-Elvira 2017-04-01 12:30:54

I dreamt of my nephew who passed away 10 yrs ago this July faked his death and suddenly appeared with his wife and a baby in a carseat. Don’t know what that means.

-Melody 2017-04-01 16:18:43

I am trying to get away from so many bad people, males. Mud is everywhere, over the house i am trying to get into, trying to be safe, angry people..mud all over everyone, and me. Slippery, broken doors, I am inside..its my daughters ex boyfriends house. Strange keys cant lock the doors. My ex sleeping upstairs so he cant protect me. beds are full..of safe people. But i cant fit in the beds. The mud is everywhere.
In reality…my ex has never protected me..i have been doing alot of soul searching, trying to find myself. Bad dreams keep me from a peaceful sleep. i was crying in my dream…this is what woke me…i found my face wet and i was sobbing. What may all of this mean? I am too scared to try and sleep. This is by far my worst dream lately. I have been writing about my last 23 years with my ex, trying to cleanse my soul. Also my childhood is full of bad memories…i was unloved and always felt unwanted. Can you help me at all?

-Terasedia 2017-04-02 13:58:48

Hi, Tony! I have used your website for about a year and a half now, attempting to piece together what my dreams are trying to tell me. I’d like to say thank you for all of your hard work and effort to help someone like me who dreams OFTEN and most of those dreams have a helluva lot of importance to me. I would like you opinion on a dream that I JUST woke up from…
I was an American student in a middle eastern palace , and we (king, queen, princess and other guest) were about to sit for dinner when we all heard bombs whistling toward the palace, we all started to run to this basement that was 3 stories down , bombs are still hitting this palace. The princess asked where the queen and king was and someone and myself confirmed they didn’t make it down. They were older too. As we rest in this small dead end basement , a rescuer storms in what I assume is a back door , he has some man in his arms. As the rescuer begins to close the door, a heatwave seeps in and we all panic briefly because we all simultaneously figured out a bomb just went off in the doorway. As this bomb continues to explode in slo-mo the rescuer had a huge fan or wings that rev up at the sensing of the heat wave and flew the rescuer and the man to the stairwell away from the door. Now I should have died but I didn’t feel like I did. We all walked back up stairs to the main floor of the palace to find it was still in tact… I then realized what had happened. The princess betrayed her parents and had the palace bombed and her parents killed , to marry/make an alliance with the captain responsible for the bombing. The princess realized I had an “Ah Ha!” Moment and asked if I had a problem , and I told her , her doings were no concern of mine, that I wanted to go home and continue to mind my own business. The princes smiled and went on to join her new husband and announce the news. I had came upon a giant serving bowl of milk and honey but it was all packaged like a milk packet and a honey packet. I grabbed a smaller bowl to help myself to this treat, and in my mind in this dream I could hear myself say “I’ve learned a lot about this culture, and I have an appreciation for its cuisine…” and at the end of that thought it was implied I was ready to leave the place I just explored.

Talk about mind blown. Lol.

-Tony Crisp 2017-04-03 12:50:56

Hi – I am stopping from answering your posts fully – but will try to give hints; sometimes long ones because I quote from masses I have already put online. Also, I need to take time to update the site – dreamhawk.

It would help you to understand your dreams, if you would read – http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing and also http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/features-found-on-site/ which has so much information in.

Nothing can replace your own ability to understand your dream. With a little effort you can do this by practising what is described in – http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/getting-at-your-dreams-meaning/

Tony

As you say – a mind blower!!

To really get at your dream I would need your associations with the King and Queen by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson.

But often the King and Queen in dream language usually translate into Dad and Mum. So it leads into a conflict situation, which is so typical – the young daughter has to kill Mum and Dad in order to free herself from the tremendous dependence upon parents for so many years. In dreams if the mother was killed by you because she threatened your further growth then you must make a change. To be free of the introverted restraints and ready made values gathered from our parents, at some time in our growth we may kill or bury them in our dreams. Although some people are shocked by such dreams, they are healthy signs of emerging independence. Old myths of killing the chief so the tribe can have a new leader, depict this process. When father or mother is ‘dead’ in our dream, we can inherit all the power gained from whatever was positive in the relationship.

Such realisations can feel like an explosion. fortunately you had an “Ah Ha!” Moment, which resolved the situation – but you had only symbolised it in your dreams and so need to meet it consciously. This obviously will relate you differently to any male you choose.

Milk and honey are the rewards for any gathered essence of your life experience, so it can indicate the wisdom and skills you have developed.

See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/

-Linda Dool 2017-04-03 3:14:31

My dreams have been showing me,to get in touch with my Cherokee. Family. My great grandmother was forced to change into Christian clothes and later marry a “white” person.
She left,strong roots within my grandmother and our. “Girls” bloodline…..
Have a sister, a neice, a daughter and me and our “dreams” always alert us, even when we don’t pay attention…. I want to know how,to get closer to my Cherokee Family.

-Tony Crisp 2017-04-03 10:16:18

Tony

Linda – No plant or tree grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old, and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom in you.

A seed is a return to the source of life and it/our beginnings under the sun. Consciousness on our planet started in the slime of creation, the slime we return to, to procreate. And from that slime which is a vehicle for our seed to exist in, our awareness goes through the whole process of evolution, the dividing of cells, the forming of structure and organs, the creation of a creature with gills, and on to a human type form ready to breathe air, carrying our seed onward.

How to get closer to your Cherokee Family? People tend to feel that the memories of this lifetime are them, but those memories are held in the physical brain. It is those experiences that form your personality – You as you know yourself. But there is a much older and huge self that we are usually unaware of – the ancient memory of your seed. You have that memory of all your forebears in you already, and it is obviously calling to you to find it.

Remember that you are a life form, and being alive is the great Mystery, and that life is a river that flows through you, and it is simply a matter of opening to the torrent flowing through you. But is has been blocked by things which can be removed. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

-Elizabeth 2017-04-06 22:59:37

My dreams are my counsel. They seem to work things out for me in ways I don’t understand.
‘I am in front of a picture frame in a gallery.A tiger walks towards me from inside the picture and looks at me peacefully.I fed him something by hand.It is not meat.Then an owl flutters down onto his back and I feed him with the same food. I feel very peaceful.’
‘I walk towards the pier at full tide.There are loads of dolphins playing with adults and children. I am happy watching the scene.The tide begins to go out and I say that I always wanted to communicate with dolphins but don’t seem to mind that they have to leave with the tide.However one dolphin is still there in a small amount of water and I rub his head and smile. He speaks to me in a human voice as I expect him to, and we have a chat, just hanging out. I feel peaceful, not surprised at all’.

-shifa 2017-04-18 11:57:06

i occaaionaly see my dead brother in my dreams telling me he is still alive.we are in a village area where there are old fashioned houses and bullock carts are used. i am about 3 years old in the dream and my brother is 8 years elder to me .we are in a familiar house with a terrace which resembles the old brick houses. we were sitting and perhaps talking and then we went up the stairs where there are a few bricks and cement. when i try to talk to him he vanishes in the cloud. whereas i was still there waiting for him to give answers.