Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A man from the past  (Read 6387 times)

Halsya

• View Profile
A man from the past
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:47:32 AM »
Hi, I'm just trying to understand my dream. 
I had this dream of a man that I loved once in the past over and over again. We rarely met nowadays, only in special occasion once or twice in a year. I sort of kind of involved with him five years ago. He's quite a powerful man, a general manager of 5* hotel, a head of few organizations, but he's also a husband and a father. Most of the main reason I decide to end those episode of my life. Then I have new boyfriend, my new relation ship last for 2 years but we broke up. I dreamt of him over the years, one or twice. But lately in this few month, I had more dreams of him. It was never the same dream, and the dream comes and goes. It always comes whenever I didn't had even a single thought of him. The dreams made me think of him, fell very annoyed for dreaming of him again, then when I finally able to forget him again, the dreams comes over and over again un-expectedly. In few dreams, he just stand in the dark part of my dreams, in a corner of the room, or some other place. He didn't say a word, he just starred at me. In other dreams, he was everywhere, walking and made him busy around me. It seems he's very glad to have me around him, but still he never say a word. I just need to understand why I kept dreaming of him. I was glad I lived far away from him, and I just don't want he's back in my life again. Please help me, it's like everytime I just dreamt of him, I feel so annoyed and asking few of my closest friends what's the meaning. But they also clueless.
Thank you

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A man from the past
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:11:32 PM »
Dear Halsya – You are not dreaming of the man you loved those years ago. That is not the way dreams work. You are dreaming of the love you once had and desperately want again. I have to say this again and again, and it is quoted from a book I published as long ago as 1990, The New Dream Dictionary:

“In the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream. Therefore our sexual drive may be shown as a person and how we relate to them; or given shape and colour as an object; or given mood as a scene, something that haunts our memory shown as a ghost or demon. Our feeling of ambition might thus be portrayed as a business person in our dream - our changing emotions as the sea or a river; while the present relationship we have with our ambition or emotions is expressed in the events or plot of the dream.”

So if you can see that you dream of him again and again, and ask yourself why you use his images, you may quickly go beyond them. As you can see, asking for it to stop doesn’t work. It works when you push the right buttons. So if you can admit what you want it may work. And it is not the man you want, but what he represents. Love, and a relationship with a powerful man. Once tasted never forgot.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:36:55 AM by Tony Crisp »

Halsya

• View Profile
Re: A man from the past
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:27:43 AM »
Dear Tony,

First, I want to say Thank you. Finally I have some answer.
Though I tried to ignore, this issue always bothers me. And you were right, sometimes, involuntarily, I always compare every man I met with this man. He was as closest as my perfect man.

Actually two days after that dream, I had another about him.
In this dream, I saw him everywhere. In every door, stairs and elevator. He was at the door when I want to pass, so I change my way to the stairs. He seems noticed that I was trying to avoid him and he didn't want me to. Suddenly I found him standing on the stairs, talking with his friend and look straight at me. I turn my way again and headed to the elevator. But when I push the button and the elevator door was open, I saw him inside.

He was everywhere, in my every way. Even in my dream I know I'm stucked there. I couldn't go anywhere without passing him through. I remember feeling upset and also scared in my dream. I was still scared when I woke up.

I told this dream to my sister. She says mayb in reality I should face him. It was like we ( Me and him ) had some un-finish something. But honestly, meeting him was exactly the very lasting I wanted to do. I fear if I see him again, I will fall for him again and I don't want that to happen.

Again, Thank you Tony