Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Memory loss?  (Read 5833 times)

tsaju21

• View Profile
Memory loss?
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:16:42 PM »
So in my dream, I was in a classroom and I think my teacher was sick but anyways, after class was over I was in the airport with my friend, and she appeared to not know who I was for some weird reason. Her memory was completely gone! She didn’t go to buy some tickets to fly home and so I helped her to get the tickets. Next thing you know, I need tickets so I try to buy them but oddly, my memory was also vanishing? And then I hear the airport women talking saying that there’s this really contagious disease and only 3 people have it so far. And then this old family friend of mine came out of no where and I wasn't quite sure if I recognized her and so I started acting like  didn't know her... That’s all I can remember. But I did wake up this morning feel upset, lost, and confused.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:46:36 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Memory loss?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »

Tsaju – The classroom is referring to what you got or get from schooling. Not necessarily the lessons, but what you are actually learning.

That this is followed by memory loss suggests there is something you didn’t learn, or learned in a shocking way. What I mean by this is mostly we do not know who we are because we suffer a form of amnesia. It is a memory loss that in our culture is assumed to be normal. We fail to remember our childhood, our infancy, our birth and conception, yet these are all available to us. So the dream may be saying to you, “Remember who you are.”

The airport could also mean you have been trying to get away, to fly away from what you are facing in yourself.
The strange thing is that if we ask ourselves who we are, the only answers we can come up wit are descriptions of our body, our ready made beliefs, or some formula that doesn’t satisfy. Very strange. See  http://dreamhawk.com/poems/ground-zero-the-psuedopod

If you sit with a partner asking this question, it may takes days before you cut through all the things that do not satisfy until there is a glorious moment of illumination – when we know who and what we are!

But it is worth going backwards in your dream before the memory loss and asking what you have gone to so much trouble to forget.

Tony