Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Death threatened my son with illness.  (Read 4865 times)

AAtkinson_12

• View Profile
Death threatened my son with illness.
« on: March 04, 2013, 03:13:11 PM »
It started with my son (7yrs old) who woke up one morning and seemed to have a disease in which he couldn't move, coma like but awake. We took him to a doctor and with a placement of a device on his head he was fine again. Then the dream skipped ahead and went from him being happy and OK to him being very ill and hospitalized. The doctors kept telling me it was in very short time that he would be leaving us due to him having AIDS. Most of the family showed up and stayed. I cried and cried, even woke up a few times and sat up balling my eyes out. But as soon as I went back to sleep, the dream started again with my little boy fighting with all his might to stay alive. He never actually died in the dream but was on the edge of death in a hospital bed with doctors telling me that there is no chance for him and he will be gone soon. This is the most terrifying dream I have had in all my life. Please help me understand why such a horrible dream can come to a person about their baby!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Death threatened my son with illness.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »
Atkinson - You are not dreaming about your son, but about a wonderful virtual reality. If you think about a person, do you honestly think your thoughts are them? Thoughts are like photocopies and never deal with reality. Your dreams are like thoughts, they do not deal with the dreamed of people or things. But they do deal with the reality of your own inner life, what you think and feel about them.

I have had terrible dreams about my own children, but when I actually took time to explore my associations they were always about my own vulnerability. The same when I helped people explore their dreams, it ended with their vulnerabilities. See - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working

So please ask yourself what is troubling YOUR emotions, why this sick part of you is threatening it die – in fact does that part of you need to die? We are all the time allowing parts of us to die and allowing other part to be born. That is Life.

Tony