Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Old Woman Staring  (Read 6084 times)

Arabella_92

• View Profile
Old Woman Staring
« on: November 26, 2010, 05:12:16 AM »
For the past few nights i've been having the same dream. The dream starts off with me leaving a store at night. There is no one else around just me. I get into my car and buckle up. Then before i turn the car on, i look out the drivers side window and see an old woman staring at me from a few feet away. She is wearing a black short sleeved dress with a white design printed on it and she is next to a telephone pole with her right arm hidden behind the pole. The lower half of her body is hidden by bushes. Everytime i have this dream she just stares at me until it startles me and i wake up.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Old Woman Staring
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »
Arabella – The woman in your dreams certainly wants to get your attention. Then you wake up – and what feelings do you ‘wake up’ to?

The store might be important too, as you have just made choices of what you want, and have walked away – at night. So I wonder what choices you made or didn’t make as you enter the unconscious – night.

But it would help if you knew more about the woman. Can you try being her? You can do this by sitting quietly and imagine yourself as her – literally enter her and feel the different feeling. Don’t forget that the woman is only an aspect of yourself projected outwards in your dream; so imagining yourself as her is a way of claiming that part of you and understanding it. Particularly notice any shifts of feeling when and if you do it. If you are successful with it you can even open a conversation with her. To quote from Lucid Dreaming:

“No computer, however amazing, can yet do what your mind does in creating a dream. It produces a living being such as a dream character that can have a conversation with you, and in doing so draw spontaneously from huge areas of your experience or memories. Behind the image lies enormous data, emotional response and created patterns of behaviour. So the main thing to remember at this level is that you are in a full surround databank of fantastic information. You can tap this information just as you would with any person, by asking questions and prodding for a response. But, even the trees and animals in your dreams are also enormous reservoirs of information, linking back perhaps infinitely with your potential and experience.”

Tony