Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dream about house, rooftop and friends  (Read 7872 times)

toocommon

• View Profile
dream about house, rooftop and friends
« on: December 02, 2010, 02:27:38 AM »
Hi, I am new here, i would like to know about this dream i had last night.
In the dream, i was in a friend's house, clean and nice house. It is my friend's new house if not mistaken and there is another friend with me im not so sure now. We were talking and he told me it is cold here all time and is no need of air conditioner or fan because of the cool air from outside the window, (in reality it was a cool night because of the rain), and then he brought me to the window and i felt the cool air/wind blown on to my face. then i looked out the window, i saw some houses, more accurately is the rooftop of the houses. Those houses give me a Greece-type of house-look, they are just besides my friend's house and i have a feeling that we(the houses) are actually on a hill.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dream about house, rooftop and friends
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 08:38:33 AM »
Hi TooCommon – I take it where you live ‘cool’ is a welcome feeling. It could be uncomfortable in a cold climate.

So it sounds you have achieved a relaxed and good feeling; that from being with friends and in a clean house. Then you found yourself having a wider view of where you were. Being on a hill usually means you have found way of seeing things that were only achieved from a long climb. On a hill we can usually see the way we have come, and the way ahead, or alternatives routes. But your attention was on the rooftops. Do you have an interest in the way people protect themselves from the rain and storms of their life?

I am not sure what the Greek influence means to you.

Tony

toocommon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 09:08:37 AM »
I see, thanks for your reply and yeah, "cool" is indeed very much welcomed in my country, Malaysia.  :D

Tony, could it be that dreams, sometimes i mean sometimes , is just random experience and has no specific meaning?

in that dreams, i was indeed relaxed, but in reality, im having some conflict with house-mate, regarding his and his girl-friend's attitude and the way they solve problem, not usually in a calm way. Im not happy staying with them. can this relate to the dreams?

I myself am not sure about the part "interest in the way people protect themselves from the rain and storms of their life?".

Thanks!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »
TooCommon - Maybe I should have said  you have an interest in the way you protect yourself from the rain and storms of life?

It is difficult to make sense of all part of a dream without a lot of input from the dreamer - but I try :-[

Also I feel the rest is probably true, even though your present situation isn't as you would like it to be. I say this because dreams are not usually a reflection of everyday life - even though many commentators about say it is. They are more like to remind you of the 'you' you are or can be. So I feel as if you are underneath it all 'COOL'.

And I do not see dreams being random. What makes it appears so is that to really understand a dream we need to open the hatch to our unconscious, go in and look at our dream from there.

Tony

toocommon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply, may be i was trying to get something "cool" out from something which is not so "cool"(conflict etc).  :D It's good to know that i have another way of understanding myself better.