Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Three dreams - two recurring themes  (Read 6456 times)

Avalon

• I am who I am. Someone has to be.
    • View Profile
Three dreams - two recurring themes
« on: December 05, 2010, 10:08:32 PM »
Over the last two night, I’ve had three dreams; two occurred on the same night, and there have been two different themes/symbols that I’ve noticed in them. I have been going through a rough patch the last month or so and I’ve just had a friend tell me I was on my own to deal with it. So one of the themes may be a projection from what’s going on in my waking life.

DREAM 1:
The first one involves my building’s late Superintendent (he passed away at least 6 or 7 years ago if not more), and he is managing the townhouse complex across the street from my apartment building. The Super tells me he’s got an empty townhouse available for rent if I want to take a look. I do, so he leads me to a townhouse right in the middle of one of the rows. As we start towards the front door, the door, which is red in colour is a slightly ajar. As we get closer, the door shuts on its own. The Superintendent reopens the door and shows me around the home. I look at the floor tiles throughout the house and ask if there is the possibility of changing them; he replies with no. When we’re finished, he tells me not to worry about paying the rent, that he’s got me covered, which at first I refuse, but he insists that I leave it the way it is.

DREAM 2:
It’s the middle of winter; it’s cold and snowing and windy and it’s the middle of the night. I’m looking for shelter. I come upon a house with a red door. I knock on the door, and my friend opens it. But he looks at me and says, “Why should I help you?” and shuts the door again and no matter how much I knock and pound on the door, he doesn’t answer or open the door and I’m left outside to brave the elements alone.

DREAM 3:
I am on a sinking ship the middle of a large lake or ocean; I’m not sure which. It’s night time and my friend (the same friend from Dream 2) and I are trying to get off. He gets off and leaves me on the ship alone; he takes off on the last available lifeboat. As I make my way towards the stern (the ship is going down bow first), I notice a few people have sat down and aren’t making any move to get away. I ask them why they’ve sat down and why they’re not trying to save themselves. They reply with, “Why bother?” I answer with, “You’ve got to at least try” but when they don’t move, I can’t linger and I try to get away from the rising water. The ship goes down, and the dream ends with me struggling to keep my head above the water.

The two themes I’ve noticed are the red doors and my friend leaving me to fend for myself. I dream a lot, but it’s not often when I notice the same themes/symbols in my dreams, as most of the time my dreams have nothing to do with each other. At first I thought these had nothing really to do with each other, until I thought back and remembered the doors and my friend leaving.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Three dreams - two recurring themes
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 12:30:24 PM »
Avalon – The red door – twice – seems to be a warning of dangerous outcomes.

Also I believe the desertion by friend(s) is a way of saying, “Do not trust the attitudes and outlook you have trusted in the past.” Everything is pointing you in a new direction, but you are probably ignoring the signals.

I have seen it so often that when you meet the very worst in life, if you admit defeat an amazing change occurs outwardly and inwardly. So I think your journey was sinking – the boat – and you were still fighting against going down with it.

After all, the dream, ones dreams, are doorways to infinite possibilities. So you can afford to imagine going down with the boat to see what happens. You can experiment in your dreams and come back if it doesn’t work. Then try something else till you find the right way.

Dare to experiment with life and your own attitudes and beliefs.

I met an old Chinese man in an inner journey, and he shared a wisdom with me. He told me that in every situation there is two sides to everything, and in your case both sides do not look good. But he went on to tell me that in every situation there is a third point – the point of transformation. I think you should try the point of transformation.

Tony

Avalon

• I am who I am. Someone has to be.
    • View Profile
Re: Three dreams - two recurring themes
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:06:55 PM »
Tony,

Thank you, once again, for your insight. I am a fairly active dreamer and have always been interested in dream interpretation, so I am very grateful to have found this forum. I plan to take what insight you've given me and apply it and hope I'm able to get through my rough patch.

Thank you again for your wisdom and insight and I wish you nothing but the best.