Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream of Father Passed Away  (Read 5843 times)

LadyDi

• View Profile
Dream of Father Passed Away
« on: December 16, 2010, 04:17:14 AM »
I know I dream often.  Remember having dreams and if I were to write them down immediately upon waking I know I could have some of them captured.  However, within minutes of waking I know I had a dream but don't remember any details.

Recently I did have a dream and as much as I remember there were lots of details...I only remember a very little bit of it.  The bit I do remember is puzzling. 

My dad died just 4 months ago.  I have not had a relationship with him for over 30 years.  At one point I was daddy's little girl (until mid teens).  I did go and see him two days before he passed...first contact I had made in many many years.  I had a brother that was about 3 years older than me and only lived for a month.  The part of the dream that is very "real" was my dad driving...he wasn't here on earth..it was different, and he was telling me he was going to pick up my brother at school.  All I can get from this is that a message was being sent to me that my dad and brother have reunited.  Perhaps if I could remember the rest of the dream I would understand better.

I'm puzzled!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream of Father Passed Away
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 01:38:50 PM »
LadyDi – Thanks for an interesting dream.

Perhaps if we could remember a fraction of our dreams we would be a lot wiser. But dreams are like snowflakes and melt away as you hold them to look at.

I want to quote something that is not directly relevant to your dreams, but does explain why you see your dad driving a car and your brother at school.

“The television picture you watch on a screen is translated from signals the TV set is sensitive to and changes into pictures, colour and sound. The signals are not in themselves images, colour or sound. So, like the TV, the world you feel so sure you are seeing and experiencing, is one your brain has created in order to enable you to deal with survival. Your eye picks up vibrations of light, that are then translated into nervous impulses, passed to the brain where it creates a meaningful experience. We are not SEEING what is actually outside of us!

So it is true to say that you live in a world, in conceptions of yourself and your surroundings that are a self-created virtual reality. And dreams are the greatest of virtual realities.”

What I was leading up to is that the signal you got from your father – although a true signal – was a translation into images you could understand.

So you can take it seriously that your father was making contact with you, and passing on a message assuring you of his love and that he was also caring for your brother. The car probably means that your dad is easily moving about in his news environment.

Tony