Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreamt half a life  (Read 8020 times)

PowerMad

• View Profile
Dreamt half a life
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »
I came across this thing that transformed my hand when I put it on. It was sort of like a glove that gave me the ability to do ridiculously wonderful things that I can no longer remember. But the more I used it, the more my hand began to mutate into a thorny, weird thing that began to slowly take over my body. It did that from the start, but I was always able to fight it and get it to do my bidding instead of vice versa. One day the opposite happened. It was about 50/50, and it wouldn't let me use my right leg or arm....it kept forcing me to lift my right leg and tried to pull it up with the hand to further prevent me from using it.I was right outside a house at this point when some Harry Potter Hagrid type person came along and knew exactly what to do. He kept telling me and another boy I knew (who also had some similar thing going on) that we need to fight to become ourselves instead of just trying to get some quick thrills and let it take over us. That no matter what happens we always have the ability to fight.

Things calmed down. Neither of us wanted to give up all of these supernatural abilities, but we both knew it was for the best. So we all sat down on a big hill with a small cliff on one side, a pond at the bottom, and a forest around us. The Hagrid type person had us look at these birds in the trees, and when I did I saw the most beautiful, incredible sunset I've ever seen in my life through the leaves and the trees. I cannot put into words how utterly amazing what I saw was, including the birds he mentioned. One was owl-like, except it had radiant red feathers and was nearly dead. Hagrid knew this, and wanted to point something out to us. It actually flew over to us, almost to say goodbye, then died right before it got to us and fell toward me. I tried to catch it, but my dog caught it first. That kind of set me off--I wanted to help the bird, but I knew I couldn't hit him on the nose to make him let go because it would crush the bird.

Something led to the bird changing location, and as soon as it touched the ground a gigantic tree bubbled and sprouted out of the ground like it was straight out of a Dr. Seus book. Hagrid knew all this would happen and was happy the whole time, and tried to show us that we should be too. He made the dog go get some tentacle thing from the bird in the place it moved to, and take it on some strange pathway. Doing this would somehow show us something that would make each of us very happy. Then I woke up.

I know what I wrote is long, but the dream was even longer. It had countless details that seemed to go on and on until I felt like I was dreaming for years.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreamt half a life
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:10 PM »
PowerMad  - Well, this seems to be a wonderful dream of instruction – a great dream.

I wonder if the glove refers to our first communication. If so it is showing a real path of growth. It is anyway.

The glove and hand are about what you create with your life, and although miraculous, it can develop into something that can control you. And I do not mean that is a superstitious way, but like habits can control us and are difficult to change. So the dream is saying be careful what you create – but be more careful of what you create with.

I see the Hagrid character as the big you, giving messages from your spirit. And the scene on the hill is a great picture of the journey taken and the one to go on. The pond is the place of birth, yours and mankind’s. It is about a great sharing at the beginnings of things. Then the hill, the climb to self awareness, and then the things you are now beginning to sense. The bird dying is the passage of wisdom. It dies because everything dies to change, as it does in the tree. The tree is your own potential growth; nurture it well, so it grows so that others can shelter under its branches.

The transformation comes by sitting and looking.

Tony

PowerMad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 12:36:38 AM »
Thanks for your response, Mr. Crisp.

A lot of what you said makes sense to me in the words you put them. I've been focusing a bit on silencing my mind, and it feels more and more like I'm getting closer to figuring out that I'm not getting closer to anything. There's still a lot of work to do and a lot of obstacles to remove, though.

I believe the first time we talked you mentioned that I was nowhere near enlightenment, and I sort of took it personally at the time. Then I looked into it and now I realize that it wasn't personal at all because there's really no me to even become enlightened. Now it's just a matter of burning all the false things out of the picture.

PowerMad

PowerMad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 08:22:48 AM »
I had another dream that was very similar to this one, but the physical appearance was different.

There was another big hill, but this one was covered with vines, grass, and tree bark maybe half a foot deep. I was watching a bunch of elk with weird antlers eating when I noticed a big ball of fog roll in. It was at the bottom of the hill, which was connected to the ocean. The fog turned into what looked like dandelion seeds and they multiplied by the thousands until it was a solid, floating mass that not even air could fit between. It started spreading toward me, so I tried to run up the hill. I couldn't, though, because of all the forest debris in the way...it was like quicksand. Then some seeds got into my lungs, populated, and suffocated me. Then I died and somehow transformed into an elk and started eating grass..

Really similar to the last one, I think. You've explained the hill and the water... but what are the elk and the seeds about? Is it sort of the same thing that just looks different?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-PowerMad

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:22:15 PM »
Power Mad – It took me ages to get a hang on this dream. I was thinking about it and that isn’t always the right way to enter the dream. So this morning I woke early and lay in the meditative prayerful state and it started flowing up from deep in me. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/prayer-and-dream-interpretation/. What I understood I will try to put into words.

There was the hill, the ocean and the animals. The ocean is that from which our life has sprung, and so it is the source of the enormous urge to promulgate. And strangely enough here is a newspaper article:

Dandelions bring train to a standstill - The dandelion “parachutes” have come out across the country in the recent warm weather but yesterday large drifts were airborne in South Yorkshire and gusting across the main line. Somewhere near Doncaster, the five-carriage train ploughed through the drift, sucking vast numbers of the tiny seeds into the air filters, which were soon blocked.

I see the dream as a way of illustrating your desire to attain and the meeting with the extraordinary urge to promulgate, to populate. When you realised the cloud was too much for you to deal with you tried to climb above it but the bark was in the way. I saw the bark as all the thinking and words you have collected and are bogged down by. Like words they are lifeless protective things that fall away. You tried to grow or rise by thinking or trying to hard.

But then you died because the seeds suffocated you. The path you are trying to walk is up the hill toward a greater awareness. But death is a necessary part of that. Your personality that has been raised on words and thinking has to die to make way for growth. This type of death is like the spider that sheds its skin because it has grown too tight. So death is like recognition that we have grown as far as we can in our present mind state. That mind state has to die to give birth to another one.

And then you meet and become your totem animal. This is very much a Native American dream theme, and according to tradition it means Moose represents self-esteem and is also about the magick of life and death. Late autumn and early winter is her cycle of power.
It is One of the most ancient and unique power animals, the Moose energy brings in the power of self-esteem through recognizing ones own strengths and place in society. Moose medicine may be showing you that you have reason to feel good about a recent accomplishment or a task you have completed.

So those are quotes, but from the dream I get that this is a meeting with your Animal, the part of you that needs to be met and developed. And it is saying that you need to become meek as well as strong. You need to become your animal self for a while.

As a baby you were a small vulnerable animal, with all the natural instincts to feed, to survive, and to bond with your mother. This natural and spontaneous part of your nature is the foundation of what you have become now as an adult. Not only were you born with an enormous natural wisdom gained through millions of years of evolution, but your newborn self also carried protective responses such as fear, anger, and sexual longing. These are all built into your nature without any recourse to a self-aware personality. But our animal self has the inherited wisdom about survival and relationships, parenting and finding a mate. There is a lot to learn from it, and it is a wonderful resource.
But what many people find is that they are frightened of their dream animal, or have never learned to help it evolve into the human world. This means that many people have a great lack in themselves and in their dreams they have to meet and work with the animal in them. As a child we are often told not to do things that would allow us to mature with our animal self intact.

Therefore the dream is an initiation into death and the Native American tradition.

Tony

PowerMad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:02:11 AM »
Thanks for taking so much time to help me out with this, Mr. Crisp.

I do have a few questions, though. You mentioned that death is necessary to reach a greater awareness, that through the death of the mind state I have, a new one will be born that will allow me to develop further. How could I possibly aid this process? At present, I spend my time focusing on my breath and sight until I feel a bit 'detached' (silent mind?) from what's going on around me. But if my present mind-state needs to die, would that mean I need to shift gears, or continue what I'm doing until it's finished?

My other question is about my totem animal, as you put it. I need to become more intimate with it, but is it the animal, or the self-esteem and the magic of life and death that I need to come into contact with? How do I do either? Most of my dreams just happen...sometimes I'm aware that they're dreams when they're happening, but I have no control over them and I'm not sure how I could have control over them. That awareness is also fleeting--I soon get caught up in the dream, trying to let it do its thing and "read the sentence before I worry about the grammar." Dreams are just so enjoyable for me, no matter what's happening in them.

(Sort of like when the first half of a sentence makes absolutely no sense until you finish reading the whole sentence. I try to let the dream play out so I can see all aspects of it before I try to understand it.)

Again, thank you for helping me out with this. My meditation practice is starting to happen without me even trying to do it, so I'm feeling a bit 'between worlds' right now. The rational mind is cynical of these things, and the passive mind doesn't seem to care if it's anything at all.