Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Snake Dream  (Read 5296 times)

Patie

• View Profile
Snake Dream
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:13:02 PM »
This is my second snake dream.  The first I have posted on the main dream page in error.  New to this site.  In this dream I am in the house I was reared in, i.e. my parents house.  My ex-husband is in the kitchen with me to my left.  As I look out the front door I see all the clay and grass being moved due to the fact that a huge snake is moving under the ground and as it does it is so big the clay and grass is moved.  I usher to my ex-husband to watch out the back in case he comes in the back door.  He leaves to do that.  I am then standing in the kitchen facing the range (stove).  I first hear the sound coming from the stove and then realise that the snake is coming in through the stove in a copper pipe to the right side of the stove under the oven.  My husband seems to be back in the kitchen  and I utter him to be still as I hear the snake.  Once I know he is coming to the front of the copper pipe, I go over and pull the copper pipe with all my strength - it comes out a bit from the range and with my bare hands bend to copper pipe that has the snake partially in it and push it into the front of the red hot fire.  That is it.  The only feeling in the dream is panic in case the snake gets into the house.  Thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Snake Dream
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
Well Patie – You are bent on crucifying your snake.

I think it is worth giving you more information about the snake as a part of YOU! You have what is called the Reptilian Brain and includes the brain stem and the cerebellum. It carries our genetically transmitted ‘instinctive’ behaviour such as suckling at the breast as a baby, aggressive response as with and including territorial defensiveness, the courtship and mating behaviours in reproduction. One of the best known expressions of this brain is the ‘flight or fight’ response in survival situations. This part of your brain deal with behaviour that is either innate, as described above, is learned and has become habitual, or is a conditioned response. If it is habitual we can repeat it without having to learn it or be very aware of how we do it – as with riding a bicycle or driving a car once we have mastered the skill. To read more see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

Now this is a big one to move the earth, and it is obviously heading your way. The panic you feel is you getting in touch with your fight and flight mechanism, and it is worth telling yourself to calm down, as it is not a monster trying to get you, but a very necessary part of you that civilised life has not helped you to deal with. You will not be a whole person until you can meet and tame this snake.

I know that sounds wrong but I have met this again and again with people – after all, how can we avoid it seeing it is a part of our brain and mind. It wants to get into your house – your body and mind – and to keep it out will cause all manner of struggles with fear, sexual feelings and your own strength. Obviously at first it will feel frightening, because we have been raised in a way to keep out such strong and primal feelings. So if you can, feel your feelings and grow.

Tony