Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sick Plant/Avoidance/Allegiance with PPL Who Are Bad4U/Fruitless Walking  (Read 5321 times)

glassheart

• View Profile
There were multiple themes in this dream, but the most interesting for me was the beginning.  I was leisurely walking alongside my sister outdoors.  Wide open-space.  Not much in the way of development in terms of buildings, etc.  (In real life I haven't spoken to my sister in almost two years-After much dysfuntion and her refusal to take accountablity for treatment thats been ongoing for years, I decided to go go no contact with her).  Yet in the dream we're walking along together just like we used to when we were getting along.  In the dream I'm aware that in real life we don't get along, I know all the reasons why, and I ask myself why I'm spending my time with her here now.  At the same time I'm walking along with her in the spirit of playfulness.  As we walk we come across a guy focused on a pale yellowish tree or plant.  It was more like a large houseplant.  He knelt at that plant, gazing at it almost like a prayer.  With much caring focus.  Looking at nothing but this plant.  As if he cared about it deeply.  I saw the plant was not a vibrant green, but more of a very very pale green, almost yellow.  Which I took to indicate it was not at its best, perhaps recovering. Or at least the guy was waiting for it to recover and thrive.  The guy was the very guy who I could of had a relationship with, except I ran away from him, I knew I was too damaged for anything close to a relationship.  I've been avoiding him for about 2 years.  I see him out and about, but I pass by.  And in the dream I do the same thing.  I walk by.  With my sister.  And it''s really at this point that I became conscious and asked myself why I'm walking with my sister, why am I spending time with someone who I don't really want to be with? With some who has a history of treating me badly, when I could be with someone who actually cares and is good for me (the guy with the plant).  I know that the answer is because I've been damaged by my family, by hidden abuse, and I'm too scared to start any new relationships.  I'm aversive to them.  Out of cowardice.  And yet....I walk on by ...away from the guy...with my sister.
As we walk we now come upon a sports commentator/radio man and he overhears my sister making moneky noises--I am afraid that her immature moises (acting like a monkey) was accidentally broadcast to everyone via this sports announcers microphone.  He affirms that it did go through, but only as background noise, very faint.
The scene changes again and now I'm walking with a bunch of girls/people I don't know.  There's a sort of desolation in our journey. We walk. And walk.  And walk.  We're trying to get to the ocean.  But its all flat farmland, desert lan.  Monontonous.  I turn a corner up ahead, hoping that it will reveal the ocean beyond. Feels I've been walking forever.  But no, I turn the corner of a large bar/buildingto find a young man on a payone type thing attatched to the outside of the barn.  I turn back disappointed.  I really wanted my journey to be over. But ...no ocean in sight.  I keep on walking.  And walking..Next I find a bridge and there is snow softly falling. Quiet pretty.  Except then theres a bit of lightening and the threat of a storm.  There is no shelter but for this bridge.  So I go to it.  There is a sense that other girls are on the journy with me.  But I don't know them.
It feels like the major turning pint of this dream was when I walked past the guy with theplant.  It set me in motion of this endless , lost , walking.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Sick Plant/Avoidance/Allegiance with PPL Who Are Bad4U/Fruitless Walking
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
Glassheart - The ocean you are trying to reach is the Source of all Life; your Core Self, Death, Heaven, whatever you wish to call it. And the journey is what stands in your way to achieve it.

Your sister is not your actual sister but an inner version of her – the sister you know without the problems. And the same applies to the man and the plant. Except there you are looking at the plant that could have grown, and still can; the plant of relationship between you.

But the answer is there in your dream. The problem is not out there in the relationship with others, but in the damage you find within you.

Reach out for the other girls on the journey with you, and also open to that in you that is Life – the More out of which your life flows. Reach out to it with the attitude that alone you do not have the strength and equipment to handle the storm you see ahead. But with the support from the other girls and from the More, you can make it.

Even so you cannot rest and let the work be done by others. Stand ready with whatever strength and courage you have. It will be enough with support.

Edgar Cayce says that we all get to that Ocean stumbling, but if we support each other we can make it. Remember that the tedium and desolation of your journey has actually brought you this far.

Tony