Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: White Horse and an Alligator  (Read 4894 times)

kyleeBEE

• View Profile
White Horse and an Alligator
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:34:11 AM »
Hey, so I had this dream that I havent been able to stop thinking about..
It was extremely vivid, where as usually my dreams are pretty hard to remember, so this one really stood out
for me.

It starts out as I am in a barn, and I am looking out into a pasture full of horses,
and then one little white horse walked up to me. I remember it as being a female, and feeling a sense
of happiness and love from the horse, I was talking to the horse for a while, saying how she reminded me of
a horse i once had that passed away over a year ago, when suddenly i look to my right
and an alligator is sitting a few feet away from me. his skin was dark, almost black and he never moved
he just stared at me. and i had the sudden urge that i had to get the horse away from the alligator,
so i grabbed the horses mane and pulled her through the barn door, she came with me
very willingly and i remember that being a very profound part of the dream and told her "good girl"
as she followed me so easily and around the corner to saftey, outside to a different area of the field.
after we were out in the field i then put a purple blanket on the horse.

And that was where the dream ended. I dont usually look to far into my dreams but this one
feels very different to me, and I have a feeling that there is some deeper meaning to this dream.
I would just like to know what this could mean.
Thank you

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: White Horse and an Alligator
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
KyleeBEE – I believe the core of the dream meaning is revealed in what you say about the horse that “passed away over a year ago.”

The alligator often represents a hidden form of treachery, apparently harmless until it opens its mouth to eat us. As such it can be an attack from within from repressed emotions. In your dream it certainly depicts fear of death – a death that can snatch away something you loved.

But in your dream you have symbols of wonderful opposites. The white horse and the purple blanket are expressions of the wonderful contact wit Life that if allowed to live within us can be an experience of transformation.

The almost black alligator is not only death, but death of a special kind. It may well represent what we feel when we confront the collective unconscious. This is an experience of your personal awareness being intimately linked with others, living and dead. It can swallow you because it is so huge, so seems like death, but in fact is an entrance to a new life. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/collective-unconscious/

So I think you should not be afraid of the alligator, but see what becomes of them by not feeling afraid of death.

Tony