Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4 part dream  (Read 5133 times)

Tiernan

• View Profile
4 part dream
« on: April 27, 2011, 06:25:12 AM »
Hi,
here is a 4 part dream I had a few nights ago:

1. I have arrived in Dublin from Hong Kong. However I feel the situation is bad and I need to go back to Hong Kong. My brother E. and cousin F. are there on a street. However F. is in the distance and I don't go to meet her. I feel shouldn't meet my parents since I have that intense anxiety/sense of failure and I cant face them.

2. I am on the main street of dingle town. I am either in a car or floating along the street -not sure. I take a right turn onto a side street and go along this. This road bypasses the town and eventually I arrive at a T junction where I can only go left or right.

3. I am now in the countryside. The landscape is pale watery green. it is bright and sunny. I am at a raised bog. Part of the bog has been cut away and the sods of turf laid out in a semi circle on the grass to dry out in the sun. Beneath the green grassy top the sods are dark brown peaty colour.

4. I am now on a small beach somewhere on dingle peninsula. Behind me mountains rise steeply from the shore almost like cliffs. There is a man I don't recognise with me although he seems familiar. I am to dive into the sea. I do so. The colour of the water is brownish But i can see as well as i normally would as if I wasn't wearing goggles - everything is slightly blurred underwater. I realise that the sea is much deeper that it looked from the surface - I can see the bottom which has amongst rocks and seaweed patches of golden colour - sand I presume. Suddenly I realise that there is something directly beneath me - I am standing on a brown  wooden boat. Next the man and I carry the boat ashore. It is dark brown colour and made from very strong sturdy looking square planks of wood. I am at the side of boat looking toward end where man is holding it. The bow shape of end of boat with the layers of wood curving down reminds me of the doorway of an old style church where there are several levels of arch  inset within each other and the door at the center. This image has appeared several time s in my dream recently. The man is telling me about something or someone maybe from an Irish legend like Brendan the sailor. Not sure though.

here goes my interpretation:
Part 1 is about family /childhood issues I don't wont to face or anxiety about my current situation. Part2 is about having to make a decision having avoided for some time. I lost my job and don't know whether to stay in HK or leave. part 3 is about trying to uncover all the issues in my life that have built up and left me confused and depressed - the bog. By exposing them to the sun - awareness - they can be come fuel /energy?
part 4 is about exploring the unconscious contents and finding some thing - the boat. A way of getting around? Also I am not sure of the inset arch shape and brown colour which keeps
 cropping up in my dreams. Any ideas??

Thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: 4 part dream
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57:29 PM »
Tiernan – Well you have done very well, and all I can do is to add some touches that might be helpful

Meeting your family obviously causes you anxiety. You do the ‘right’ thing but are then faced by a T junction, which means you are faced by a decision. That is when you have left your family atmosphere and are in nature, a situation in which you can tap into your intuition – what your nature underneath the anxiety can tell you.

The earth is all that has been lived, the ancestral ground, and as you say it can be used for growth and energy to achieve. This because it is all the wisdom an experience from the past you can draw upon.

Now the diving into the sea is a wonderful thing you have done, because you have managed to go under the surface of your ‘personality’ – the you that was built upon this life time. And what you see is a lot more than a thing to get around in. The boat can depict your journey through the seas of life and how you meet the rough and smooth experiences. It can also show your relation’ship’ and what is happening in it – as in the saying, ‘in the same boat’.

Also the boat is in excellent condition if I understand your description. It is again a promise of talents that were latent in you. In fact the man who helps you carry it ashore – makes it conscious and usable – is your potential, a potential that acts as a guide. This is very important. A potential isn’t actually a formed reality, but it can lead you as a hunch or an urge. Also it can go on and on leading you to discover more. So the boat and the man are linked.

The boat and the doorway it suggests is a further statement of the potential we all have but many never tap. It is a doorway to a special state of mind or being – a state in which we have stepped beyond our own small self into a larger being. I think you should walk through and meet what is beyond.

Tony