Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mother sells Daughter's tv as punishment  (Read 4243 times)

Alane

• View Profile
Mother sells Daughter's tv as punishment
« on: July 21, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
Late last night I thought I overheard my neighbor, a single mom, yelling and screaming at her teenage daughter, whose bedroom would be right behind the wall in the room I was sleeping in.  I then dreamt that the mom was so mad she took the daughter's tv from her room as punishment and then didn't know what to do with it.  I suggested she sell it.  We were inside a large van and there was a man I didn't know.  Night came and I was wandering through a complex of condos/apartments.  I felt uncertain about the people in the dream I did not know.  There was no resolution to the mother/daughter issue, and I never saw the daughter in the dream. 
I find this dream interesting and challenging in that for some reason I am having difficulty interpreting it :o.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Mother sells Daughter's tv as punishment
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »
Alane - You seem to have got yourself in a difficult feeling state, probably because you put yourself in the mother’s situation. We often do this in our dreams; so the mother in the dream is you. I know it sounds weird but we project all the characters and scenes in our dream onto the screen of your sleeping mind - so you are everything in your dreams. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

But your solution to the problem that you chose - probably as a reaction - didn’t work for you. You felt uncertain and no resolution. This is a typical dream where we dream an event and the dream gives us an opportunity to test what we feel about it. The difficulty always occurs because having decided on an action and finding it doesn’t work we fail to try a different way. But you can still make a change by experimenting with different decisions while awake.

So try sitting and dropping the thoughts of the day and imagine you are back in the dream. It doesn't matter if you cannot get very clear imagery - it is enough to simply hold the idea of the dream. Then try different decisions/approaches to see which gives you satisfaction. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony