Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First Time dreaming..  (Read 4662 times)

Laura22

• View Profile
First Time dreaming..
« on: July 31, 2014, 01:15:45 AM »
I was wondering if someone could possibly help me with the interpretation of a dream I had last night.  I dreamed I was pregnant, went thru labor and held the newborn.  I felt content and at peace, happy.  However, while I was experiencing this miracle, my sister-in-law was going thru the exact same experience, but her child died.  Yet, several hours later the child was alive.  I have never dreamed of giving birth, let alone being pregnant.  It is weighing heavy on my heart and has left me in somewhat of confused state. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: First Time dreaming..
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:24:09 AM »
Laura - Many, many women dream of giving birth, even though no man is involved. It is in fact a miracle, and is about a virgin birth - but Christian teaching have got it wrong. It is not about a historical character but about a natural process that can happen to any woman or man. Dreams are a product of a natural process, as can be see from records showing that all animals above a certain level of development dream. So virginity represents the human soul or mind and its possibility of dropping pre-conceptions, thus attaining an inner virginity and thus being receptive to the unseen, unconscious or Life side of self. This was recognised by ancient cultures long before Christianity took it over and told a new story.

Your dream is saying that you have given birth to or realised a new part of you. This is similar to teenage when you recognise changes are occurring and you are aware of feeling or knowing things you never felt before. But this new part of you is special and like any tender and new born thing needs to be cared for by remembering the miracle of it.

It will slowly grow and change the way you see life, just as teenage and adulthood did. But this is a new step on the path of human growth and so far it hasn’t happened to many people, but the numbers are increasing. The New Testament if taken as symbolising this new birth and not as a historical story, is about its possibility.

To quote from what Maurice Nicoll writes - and I quote it to show that it is not just my interpretation but is many people’s understanding from experience: “The Gospels are from beginning to end all about this possible self-evolution. They are psychological documents. They are about the psychology of this possible inner development - that is, about what a person must think, feel, and do in order to reach a new level of understanding. The Gospels are not about the affairs of life, save indirectly, but about this central idea - namely, that Man internally is a seed capable of a definite growth. Man is compared with a seed capable of a definite evolution. As he is, Man is incomplete, unfinished. A person can bring about his or her own evolution, their own completion, individually. If he does not wish to do this he need not. He is then called grass - that is, burned up as useless. This is the teaching of the Gospels”.

The baby of your sister - another aspect of you - dying and coming to life again is about another miracle - resurrection. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-archetype-of-rebirth-or-resurrection/

Tony
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:34:05 AM by Tony Crisp »