Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Strangers cutting down trees  (Read 4498 times)

jamib

• View Profile
Strangers cutting down trees
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:21:09 PM »
I had this dream last night that two different sets of people drove to our remote property and began cutting down two great Ponderosa Pines beside our house.  These trees were nearly 50 feet tall and by the time I stopped them there were only trunks remaining.  Another group of people came at the same time and were tearing up my garden and replanting new plants. 
The people seemed to be oblivious to being on private property, but when told to leave they did so without incident, but leaving the great destruction behind.  I felt loss for my trees and frustration that I could not bring them back.  My husband said we could replant, but that just made me more frustrated at the situation.  Still, I do not feel anger - more like helpless to the fact of what has occurred.
I have had similar dreams in the past year where people are coming and destroying the beautiful land around my home.  Once mother nature washed our home away with floods. I live in nature on a great deal of wooded acreage with no other house in site, and love it here.  The recurrence of these types of dreams leave me feeling confused.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Strangers cutting down trees
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »
Jamib - I am slightly at a loss as to the meaning of your dream, so I am putting forward several suggestions.

The first is that much of the world seem crazy as far as caring for nature is concerned, and so your feelings maybe the cause of the dream. Dreams mirror our feelings and so the dream could simply be reflecting what you feel.

Another possibility that the two trees that were cut down could represent two family members that died.

The ruination of your garden has another meaning. It can reflect or mirror what you have done to your inner life. It says that you have are a well ordered and lovely person but something has ruined it - possibly something like anxiety or feelings about other people interfering or intruding on your feelings. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing

Tony