Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Underground prehistoric/mythic creature  (Read 5065 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
Underground prehistoric/mythic creature
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »
This is my most recent dream that I've been exploring. I have a few ideas and I've been connecting it to my dream with the 2 dogs I posted not long ago but still I sense there's more going on, especially when it comes to the symbolism of the creature. I'd appreciate any insights or pointers that you feel might be helpful Tony. :)

I was at my old house that I sold last spring yet it was also the house where I live now simultaneously. It was like the two where seamlessly blended together as one place. I had gone home for the weekend but somehow I had forgotten that I sold it and my things were all still there as well. At this point I became very confused because I realized that the new owners must be away at the moment and I suddenly sensed this strong feeling I was going to be in a lot of trouble when they arrived home and found me there, because I didn’t belong there anymore. I then looked out the window and saw a large red truck backing up to the house and I knew that it was a fuel truck filling the tank for heating.  Then I looked out the kitchen window and saw men out in the back field digging. They came up to the house, walked right inside, and seemed to already know I was there. I asked if the middle aged man was the new owner and he said yes and shook my hand. I remember he was attractive and a bit rugged with some facial hair but nobody I know from my waking life. He had no problem with me being there. I apologized for somehow forgetting that is was no longer my house. He was totally fine with it and I felt very relieved.  There were also two young guys with him and as we were talking they went down the cellar steps to the basement to get something. One of them was a bit freaked out by a spider web in the doorway to the basement and then I noticed a couple of flies randomly buzzing by his head.

The new home owner invited me to come outside with them because they were expecting to make some kind of HUGE discovery. They were digging or excavating and had found the underground home of some sort of ancient creature. They considered it an incredibly exciting find and wanted to share it with me. I wasn’t sure if I should go because I wasn’t sure if I belonged there for some reason, but he was so welcoming and kind and I wanted to go. I remembered that my mother was coming to pick me up but I really wanted to go with them and thought I should call her to tell her. The dream ended at this decision point.

Also, in the dream I somehow knew that the underground place they were about to find was a sort of sleeping cavern of an ancient creature, both prehistoric and mythic, that wasn’t believed to be real in today’s world. They were not necessarily going to find the creature itself but rather its home and specifically some kind of bed chamber or resting space where it once lived. Also, for some reason I knew that the creature was huge and it was part bird and could fly but it was also a mixture of other animals too - like some sort of prehistoric blend of creatures. It had an eagle head. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Underground prehistoric/mythic creature
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:58 AM »
DreamTime - Wow - what a great dream.

It seems you still have problems about accepting you are a multi-dimensional creature - and not just a physical body stuck in everyday rules and courtesies. But the new owner, a new part of you that is at home with merging everyplace you have ever been in your self and life into one clear insight, introduces you to a new way of being.

But you are still trained in the belief that things - in your dreams - do not belong to you. In fact everything in a dream belongs to you, and IS you. Have you read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

So you withdraw from finding a great and wonderful part of you. The mythic creature - The mythology of our psyche is important. It is the basic non-rational roots of our personality. Our psyche has its roots in such mythology, and the mythology gives some form to what lies beyond the rational mind and beyond form – perhaps beyond time and space. It is tempting to attempt reliving that mythology. We may even be trapped by it.

Remember you are multi-dimensional? You have a body, sexual feeling (another dimension =AD); emotions and love (AD); voice and self expression (AD); thought and insight (AD); and in the in the film Contact, Ellie, a scientist played by Jodie Foster, is being questioned about her disbelief in God by Palmer Joss, played by Matthew McConaughey. Ellie says to Palmer that there is no evidence for God scientifically, and that he cannot therefore prove his belief. She tells him she is looking for something tangible and provable. So Palmer very gently asks her if she loved her father who is now dead. Ellie, who in fact loved her father very deeply, says that yes, of course she did. Palmer then, again gently, asks her to prove it to him. Of course there was no scientific proof of what was a personal experience, a feeling. A demonstration of a great dimension.

Real in today's world? Most of humanity are locked in prisons in their own minds. They believe so deeply in fears, in religious beliefs that urge them to kill other people; in all manner of evil, and yet also continue to belief they are fee agents, and myths are fantasy!?

So what is your dreamed of mythic creature? It is a representation of all things we will face in our efforts to meet the challenges of life; and all the huge potential we all have that has not been accessed. So you are withdrawing in this dream from a great treasure. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/individuation/

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 07:51:13 AM »
Dreamtime - It is a long climb out of all the conditioning. I have partly a Roman Catholic background for generations. I found that it is not simple the mind but the body also start to change under the influence.

Many years ago while practicing LifeStream I experienced very strong movements and they involved my whole body. For a long time there were no accompanying emotions or insights, just a feeling of intense struggle going on physically. After perhaps twenty minutes or half an hour the movements which gradually led to feelings. These expressed a living connection existing between my ancestors in Italy and myself. This surprised me because I had years ago gone through the realisations of what I carried from my father and his forefathers – the subjugation by church and state. But this was different. It was not that I was still carrying those attitudes and fears, rather that because I dared to step out of dependence and subjugation by authorities, deeper levels of influence of a transpersonal nature were being called out of my body. I experienced the sense of our family having lived for generations under fear – fear of death – fear of what people would do to us if we didn't conform. My breaking away from such conformity was the activity that was squeezing something out of my body. I felt at the time that the father carries patterns for generations. I was referring to the pattern of achievement or failure that is passed on to ones children. We pass on the attitudes of how to cope with social activity or work – the external world.

What I felt at the time, and I have no proof of, is that because my ancestors had lived for generations under that situation their body, therefore my body, had undergone changes. The changes were to do with becoming a part of an overall group action, like a human anthill. So in a way I was bred to have a certain relationship to society. To come out of that relationship and to start to think for myself was difficult because my actual body had to change, and that was why it was taking me years to meet the facets of my background as I tried to become a more socially confident person and to be more assertive.

Keep at it. You are not going insane, but instead you are facing being sane.

Prayers to your sister. Also I believe that as one member of a family opens to growth, it subtly influences the whole family.

Perhaps see http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/

Tony
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:03:48 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 08:15:26 AM »
DreamTime - Thank you again for the feedback.

The waking of the huge creature is a great sign. Most of us lose contact with the most basic parts of our life. It is a wonderful addition, and I am sure you will handle it okay.

Tony