Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Visitation  (Read 4521 times)

IreneA

• View Profile
Visitation
« on: October 24, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
Tony - would love your input on my dream from this morning. I'm getting stuck on certain aspects of it which is getting in the way of a clear interpretation, though my intuition tells me that the general sentiment is positive.

I believe it was a lucid dream but I can't be sure - my only inkling to this was seeing my bedroom exactly as it is in the dream. I see my bed start to shake, not vigorously, it is simply shaking. I feel a presence sit on one end. As weird as this might sound, I literally felt the dip in the bed where it sat/descended and felt it align with me. Then I see the presence as a kind of darkness - I'm scared at first and then I become still. A white light begins to descend into this darkness/presence - it is white and is similar to a candle's light. This happens twice, if I recall correctly and my eyes are fully trained on the descent of the lights. There are people surrounding this presence/darkness, with some kind of facial masks on and while they are not terrifying per se, I do not feel comfortable in their midst. Then this presence with the lights engulfs me and I see myself utter the words - "Let there be light". A blinding light emanates from me which consumes one of the men in the masks. Consumes as in he's swallowed whole and disappears instantly. I woke up at this point - the immediate feeling was one of knowing - that's the best way I can put it but it is nevertheless terrifying in its own way...

My intuition is telling me that I crossed a kind of threshold last night, a line in the sand if you will - that it should be the night of the Solar Eclipse in Scorpio, my star sign which also occupies most of my houses is not lost on me. Where I am stuck is the word 'darkness' - this is not the first time that I have felt presences in my dreams but normally they would fill me with such terror that they disappear shortly after. When I was a young child, I had these 'visitations' often and when I told my mother about them, she told me that it was the 'devil'  so I began to greatly fear these visits and they subsided over the years, something I greatly regret to this day. But last night was different - I overcame that initial fear and allowed the dream to unfold as it did. Not a religious person btw - more into metaphysics.

Thank you.
Irene

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Visitation
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »
Irene - Devil Snivel Havel - They are just words to describe human fears, fears put into us by a church thousands of years ago speaking of things it only had primitive words to describe what it saw. I have met the devil myself several time, sometimes in great fear, and then slowly in wonder and direct insight. In such meeting I saw and realise that devil was lived backwards. In other word it is the Light we are all born with that through fear or ignorance we have turned back on ourselves. In doing so we have created great chunks of stuff blocking the light causing depression, suicidal impulses, and all the many human pains and suffering. But it is not some evil person ‘doing it to us’ it is our own misguided actions that can be undone by understanding them.

The darkness in your case is different. In ancient traditions God was seen as ‘the unknown God’. In other words the basic cause of everything was beyond description - it was everything, and as such could never ever be a ‘THING’. So could never be a Him or a Her; a universe or a common ordinary human - but was everything we see around us at the same moment. We are seeds of the Everything.

But as real as your experiences was it was still a dream, and dreams are a halfway between the real and our everyday perceptions. The next step is bodiless experience. And that is often felt as darkness. Also it is often scary. We resist like hell the hugeness that we are.

Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. We feel that we will be swallowed up and we will die. It is important to say that when we meet the experience of powerlessness through becoming aware of the hugeness of your Life, which we are usually unaware if, it feels like something alien or attacking, and it is a shock. When we begin to meet the Hugeness that we are, we often react to it in our dreams or in waking with fear or panic. So we dream of being attacked by aliens or frightening creatures; or being swallowed by a whale or something huge, or even possessed by evil entities. If we realise that they are things we have created through our own fear we will pass on. But otherwise it will continue to haunt us as something that will get you; or you feel uncertain even lost in facing it! But it is only our small self image, our ego that reacts because it feels powerless, even though in reality the Hugeness is part of our totality. It is the enormous potential you have within you, it is Life you are frightened of or have been ignoring.

The sense of the being sitting on the bed is because a dream is the most amazing virtual reality that you are firmly in the middle of. Such dreams are the best we can do in receiving a communication that is essentially formless. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Levels and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Symbolism

Yes you were initiated into a new experience of yourself, an experience of your own wonder - remember that we are seeds of Everything. So you were waking up to a bit more of your potential, clearing a bit more of the chunks in the way of the real you. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/big-bang-and-god-are-the-same/

You have been ‘on the way’ for most of your life, but were held back by fears put into you by stories of the devil and darkness. You are Everything - light and dark, male and female - good and evil - yes and no - everything and nothing. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/mountain-path/

Tony
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:00:21 AM by Tony Crisp »