Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fishtanks (Help me understand this dream!!)  (Read 5106 times)

DrippingWax

• View Profile
Fishtanks (Help me understand this dream!!)
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:36:09 PM »
Hey! I have been having a little bit of an issue sleeping lately because of a re-occurring fragment of a dream  that has wound its way into quite a bit of other dreams. It has to do with fish in fish tanks. In my dreams with this fish experience, I walk into a room or a pet store, and I go to any old pet aisle or make a b-line to the fish aisle. When I get there, I'm greeted by this aisle being massive height-wise, and practically being tiled with huge fishtanks. Everything is the normal blue hue that you'd expect from a fish-aisle sort of deal, but the fish... I can't even explain to you how horrifying they are! Not even in appearance, but the way the glass enlarges and bulges them, or the way their size is compared to the tank makes me literally want to cry! I know this sounds silly, but every time I see this or see something similar in my dreams, I am extremely startled and can't help but try to hide from the fish!  :-[ Please help me understand this dream!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Fishtanks (Help me understand this dream!!)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:09:28 AM »
DrippingWax - Well dear DW, this is a new one for me, so I have to guess. Most of my experience comes from exploring people’s dreams and they then tell me what their dream images mean.

But if I have to guess I would say that you have been programmed- see http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program - to fear pregnancy. This is often shown as fish in an aquarium. But what gives me a clue is what you said, “The way their size is compared to the tank makes me literally want to cry!”

To translate from the dream imagery, the way the size of a baby is compared with the size of my womb makes me want to cry!

This suggests that somehow you have been shown awful images and stories about pregnancy. Unfortunately, being a woman it is your nature and your potential to have a baby and give birth. You developed in this way because you are a creature of evolution. If you deny that part of you – the urge to procreate - you will still have the urge to create in various ways other than giving birth. To deny that is to live in the conflict you are feeling. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:40:28 AM by Tony Crisp »