Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: a dream about revenge?  (Read 5015 times)

horizen

• View Profile
a dream about revenge?
« on: January 25, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
Hello, let me preface this by saying I was watching a buffy the vampire slayer marathon last night. Clearly it had an influence! LOL

In the dream I am some kind of immortal or supernatural being, possibly half human, half supernatural being with powers and abilities far beyond a human being.  I was definately..different.  Possibly I was an immortal "vampire with a soul" (like in the tv show I just watched).  All I can say for sure is that I was definately supernatural and didn't feel human, although I still had strong ties and care for the human world, I was not of them.  Although I certainly wanted to be.  But I felt this divide by who and what I was and straddling the realms between that and the human world.  So to speak.

The dream begins with me in bed with my friend/partner/love (he was human by the way).  He was asleep when an old angry man barges in and instantly kills him.  Killed him in his sleep.  And did it because the man was with me--an extra human or supernatural being.  This old man took out my partner because he didn't want any humans associating with me.  I was meant to be isolated.  He was against me because he was an old human man, with old human fears and needs to control.  He hated that he couldn't control me.  It was his mission to annihilate me the only way he could--since I was immortal , he would kill all those that supported me, all that I loved, so that I would be isolated, so that I wouldn't have influence on any other people. 

Well, he'd just killed someone I loved, an innocent who was sleeping, defenseless, just to destroy me the best way he knew how.  It would never stop.  This man felt I had no right to exist.  He felt anyone who acknowledged my existence had no right to exist.  He stood there before me gloating, gruff, clearly empowered and getting a "high" from what he'd just done.  He till had the crossbow in his arms, although they were somewhat relaxed now.  He'd just killed my friend.  Thats what the crossbow was for.  He knew he couldn't kill me with it.  But yet here he still stood.  Just to glowing in the power and satisfaction of what he'd done to me.  I could also the righteous rage fuming off him.  He was pure motiviation to destroy me.  It was like a drug to him.

The sight of this, plus the long history of his persecution of me playing in the background of my mind, mostly it was the sight of his enjoyment, determination, and the high he got off of controlling and killing that suddenly I snapped out of a lifetime of passivity, fleeing, hiding in the dark, retreating...and I DID something.  It happened in slow motion.  I sent a blob of blood from me to him.  It floated in slow motion until it reached his right eye.  I made it go to his eye.  Then it became a part of his eye.  His eye turned red.  I step back and observe him now, red eye and all.  I notice he looks particularly old, crotchety, and ugly now.  His gray hair is wild, unkempt, and uncared for.  His eyes are wild, engraged, like an animal with rabies.  He wants to destroy me.  That has not changed.  But my decision to infect his eye with my blood was not unlike a vampires decision to bite someones neck.  It would not kill him, but it would infect him.  He was now infected with my blood and thus transformed--he would be immortal now, or supernatural, or whatever it was that I was that made me so different from humans.  He would now be what he sought to destroy in me.  I knew the serious consequences when I did this.  I deliberately infected him.  I deliberately sent my blood across the the room, like a small orb of blood, directly to his righteous rage filled eye.  I wonder what it means that I only sent it to one eye?  At any rate, when I awoke I felt the serious weight of what I'd done.  Does this dream mean I've succumbed to revenge?  Did I do this to the old man to get back at him for destroying my life? For killing my contacts? (He'd killed who had contact with me, my partner was simply the latest, most devastating). For his persistant attempts to extinguish me?  Was this a dream about my need for revenge?  I worry that's what it is. 

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: a dream about revenge?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:49:52 PM »

Horizon  :)

I wonder if you see a connection between this dream and this post?

http://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=3358.msg6551#msg6551

Anna

Irina

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:02 AM »

Superpower
The dream parallels some extraordinary problem or issue that you are trying to deal with in your waking life.
a vampire may reflect feelings about people that you believe want to pull you down to their level or convert you to thinking negatively in way similar to them. ( in your case this is your friend/partner/love)

To see an old man in your dream represents wisdom or forgiveness. The old man may be a archetypal figure who is offering guidance to some daily problem.

GRevenge

To dream that you are taking revenge suggests that you are experiencing some emotional imbalance. You are harboring some repressed emotions.

Eyes

It may also be a pun on "I" or the self

If you notice someone else's eyes in your dream, then it indicates an emotional or intimate connection with that person. It also signifies a mutual understanding.( you don't want understand that somebody " old men" try to help you )

"......I sent a blob of blood from me to him.  It floated in slow motion until it reached his right eye.  I made it go to his eye.  Then it became a part of his eye.  His eye turned red....."

To dream that  eyes are injured  suggests your refusal to see the truth about something or the avoidance of intimacy.

Loss of sight in right eye: Not seeing what is going on in the outside world.

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/eyes/

Immortal

You are adverse to change

Hello Horizen,

You have some extraordinary problem or issue that you are trying to deal with in your waking life.You believe that your  friend/partner/love want to pull you down to their level or convert you to thinking negatively in way similar to them. You refuse to see the truth about something or the avoidance of intimacy  and what is going on in the outside world.You are adverse to change and don't want understand that somebody (  an old man in your dream represents wisdom or forgiveness. The old man may be a archetypal figure who is offering guidance to some daily problem.)  he want to help you .

The "old men" don't' wants to destroy you, he want to help you . Also dream show  that you give him ( to old men ) immortality You deliberately infected him.The meaning is that you  are deliberately  open  for his guidance .

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30:39 AM »
Horizen - Half human, half supernatural. What is so different about that? We are all half supernatural. Haven’t you read the life story of Edgar Cayce - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Story-Edgar-Cayce-There-River/dp/0876043759/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422263427&sr=1-2&keywords=edgar+cayce+books

That is his biography, but even so it does not highlight his supernatural powers. You see yourself as a vampire because of your associations with Buffy - that’s how dreams work, through associations.

The rest of the dream shows you being hurt because the part of you that is supernatural  - although there is no such thing as supernatural as everything is a part of nature, but we have not found how to use it - is struggling with your old values which kills the human male. Another lot of old values - you cannot kill anything in your dreams, but of course you feel hurt and threatened - again old beliefs and values.

When will you believe you are the real McCoy, the real in you, which is beyond life and death, as your dream suggests. However, we usually struggle with the idea that we are more than human or a human body, and so the way out for you - not a bad one, is to infect the old man - your old values.

There is a life I’ve seen,
Beyond the limits of fear,
Outside the prison of conditioning,
And through the walls of pain.
I have breathed that life.
The blood of it has
Run through me warm and rich.
The fruits of its vine
Are in my limbs
Sinuous and strong.
The seeds of it infected me,
And run through the tissue and substance