Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mokey's Dreams  (Read 25578 times)

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Mokey's Dreams
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 03:21:14 PM »

Mokey  :) I like to take a try with your dream, for "it speaks to me". I know you will take into account that I am still learning too and that some of what I see will be my own looking into the mirror you hold up to me.
So please take the best and leave the rest for me  ;)

I see the man on top of the box as your animus who is guiding you into your unconscious mind again.
He knows that there is nothing to be afraid of and that there is no need to take it too seriously what you have to face and "somewhere" you know he is right, because you perceive the box you are in as "a secure box type carrier".
Another way of looking at this symbol:
you are still thinking "out of the same box" and perhaps it would be helpful to allow yourself to learn to think a bit more "outside of the box"? It is a process though  :)

I see your daughter Poppy as a symbol of the work you did
I also healed my childhood issues that were still lingering.
She is a symbol of strength and confidence and she waves at you to let you know she is doing fine.

The second part of the dream shows once again the confidence of Poppy, the newly healed part in you.  The next step is to look for new ways - the shop - to deal with this part of you.
With every new step - whether it is looking at our past to heal it or taking the next step towards integrating our new part in our behaviour - we have to go through some fear. I trust that is only human.
Perhaps the woman asks you to question yourself "where you are on your journey" and why you still do not feel safe?

I see the third part of your dream as a symbol of your not being aware yet "where you are with your self", it is still a secret island.
I have often experienced myself that by integrating those healed parts I have to go through choppier water than with healing those parts. So perhaps that is what you perceive too?
Perhaps that is what the grey storm refers to as well, and the promise that once you have reached the island that you will reach "the blue skies"?
I like to use Tony's symbol of the blue skies:

The first time for me, as described in Life's Little Secrets, was like falling into the unknown without others around who knew the way. But somehow I had a great sense or feeling that I could trust the process.
The love felt is what I call finding the Blue Skies.

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/television-tv/
Looking at the drama taking place in your own life that you may have overlooked.

I wonder if what you "missed" is the next step?
Perhaps you thought that "when the healing of my mind is done, I am done with it all the way"?

It is worth to give birth to this child "into the world" after you have healed your mind and there is a beautiful island waiting for you to be occupied.

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/island/
Island in stormy sea: Personality traits such as independence and self assurance that give strength amidst difficult emotions and turbulence.

As is the castle once you have reached it:

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/castle/
Castles often have memories or associations with fairy tales or myths, and so can point to important changes going on in you. The castle of the Sleeping Beauty for instance that is a wonder of information. If, in reading the story, you have no previously discovered the ideas relating to an unconscious, hidden part of you, with its promise of greater love, wisdom and beauty, then you have just heard the legend. But you have not heard the legend unless feelings have stirred in you telling you there is a ‘sleeping beauty’ to discover. The legend is the dim, subtle, difficult to prove feelings and hopes within us, that suggest a greater beauty sleeps and can be found. The legend is those hopes that tell us there is more in life if we would only search for it.

Anna :-)

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to look at my dream Anna.

I think you could be right about the man on top of the box, it makes sense.
I thought the same about Poppy, that she is my child self and my child issues ~ a nice reminder that a lot of healing has taken place.

The woman, in the third part of the dream, was asking if I was safe to protect Poppy. I think this is more confirmation that I am looking after my inner child now, the wounded part of me and that as her mum/protector, I will keep her safe.

You are right about not knowing where I am yet. I've done all this work but find myself at a place of nothingness. I am not the old me but the new me hasn't quite arrived yet either! I'm hoping the island and castle is an indication of happy times ahead.

Thanks again x

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 09:50:26 AM »

Mokey  :)

I think this is more confirmation that I am looking after my inner child now, the wounded part of me

I wonder if this is where you could learn to think outside of the box? There is no sign of a wounded child
in this dream anymore  :D

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 10:11:06 AM »

And Mokey  :) It is out of this wonderful Nothingness that we create our self; a new self  :D

Your dream genius "pieced that self together" for you already, for it has more information than you have.

So you can TRUST IT and cross the choppy water   :D

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
I wonder if this is where you could learn to think outside of the box?

Mokey  :) I always need some time myself to understand what i write down  ;)

As I see it:
In the second part of the dream you identify with your mother role and with doing that you
dissociate your daughter from you (again), for you are upstairs and she is downstairs.

It is a process to learn to become an observer - observers do not think inside of the box, for the observer is beyond it - for you are both the mother AND the child.

I think it is helpful for you to go back into this part of the dream and take the role of observer.

I had no problems seeing what your dream expresses in this second part - and I am only still learning too - so I trust as an observer you can see it yourself  :)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 12:36:04 PM by - anna - »

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

I think this is more confirmation that I am looking after my inner child now, the wounded part of me

I wonder if this is where you could learn to think outside of the box? There is no sign of a wounded child
in this dream anymore  :D

Good point! It's very possible that I still think I am stuck in that mode but you're right, I'm really not. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 05:39:06 PM »
I wonder if this is where you could learn to think outside of the box?

As I see it:
In the second part of the dream you identify with your mother role and with doing that you
dissociate your daughter from you (again), for you are upstairs and she is downstairs.

It is a process to learn to become an observer - observers do not think inside of the box, for the observer is beyond it - for you are both the mother AND the child.

I think it is helpful for you to go back into this part of the dream and take the role of observer.

I had no problems seeing what your dream expresses in this second part - and I am only still learning too - so I trust as an observer you can see it yourself  :)

I'll give this some thought. At the moment I think it's a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees.
Thanks again  :)

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 05:41:48 PM »

True Mokey  :) because you are not in the observer mode.

Let me know when you would like me to tell you what I saw, otherwise I will wait for you
to see it yourself.

:)

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 05:42:58 PM »
Dream 1: I am at the roundabout near Asda in Havant. (Near where I used to live as a child).  As I come round the roundabout a dark green car with two men inside shoots out instead of waiting. I am also driving a green car although it is a lighter green. I am behind the men in the car and we are exchanging angry gestures towards each other. I stick my middle finger up at him and make him angrier. I go back round the roundabout, he follows me and realises that he was in the wrong but still remains angry with me.

I go into a shop and the driver follows me in. We both stand in the queue, I am a few people ahead of him. As I get round to the front I am level with him with a waist height partition separating us. I grab his newspaper, The Sun, and throw it across the shop floor, as it will slow him down more. I then grab my keys which are on the top of the partition and go to my car. I drive away but constantly check in my mirror to see if he's behind me, he's not, I have left him behind.

I am driving down Hulbert Road (again, near where I grew up) heading to Mum's but when I look ahead I see I am in London. I see some women with pink hair, they are hairdressers. I go into the hairdressers and watch as Nan and Granddad wheel auntie Julie in, (Julie had down's syndrome) in her wheelchair, for a hair cut by the pink haired women. I tell someone how amazing it was that Nan came back to life once before.

The second dream was only an hour after the first dream.

Dream 2: I am living in new flat/house, I have only just moved in, although I sense Jake (my adult son) did all the moving of the boxes. There is stuff everywhere but it still looks homely. The living room is ok but the dining room and kitchen need work. One of walls has loads of holes in and needs filling. The holes are really deep, I try and fill one in but it's so deep that the stuff I am using just goes to the back of the walls. and doesn't fill the hole at all. The door goes and it's Mum comes to visit, she is without my stepdad.

I walk towards the local shops.  I am walking alongside a young, dark haired male and wonder if he is uncomfortable with me matching his stride. He is on my right but cuts off to go down towards the shops. I go the same way and realise there are many more shops here than I previously thought. I think we'll be happy here.

Back in my flat, in the kitchen, I have visitors. I notice that the kitchen has 8 sinks which are also dishwasher type things and each seems to do something slightly different to the others. I don't know how to use them and don't know which one I should use although one is bigger than the rest and seems to be the main one. I wonder if there are any instructions but sense they're aren't. The two visitors, both female are leaving. First one hugs me bye. The second woman, who has short blonde hair, does the same, I go to kiss her on cheek, and notice her bright pink lipstick. She moves her mouth and kisses me on my lips but her teeth hit mine.

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 06:36:14 PM »

True Mokey  :) because you are not in the observer mode.

Let me know when you would like me to tell you what I saw, otherwise I will wait for you
to see it yourself.

:)

Actually, I'm interested in hearing what you saw now if that's ok? Thanks x

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 07:52:05 PM »
Poppy and I are in a shop. She has run off and I think it will be a good lesson for her to feel scared at losing me so I don't go in search but then I change my mind and look for her. I spot her ahead, she isn't scared at all but I feel really scared especially when I realise that she doesn't even care. I am at the top of some steps, Poppy at the bottom and a woman in between us. I tell Poppy to come to me, the woman questions who I am and if I am safe. I tell her I am Poppy's mum. Poppy has really changed from a sweet loving girl to someone who doesn't seem to care about our relationship any more.

Yes, that is okay  :)

When you look at this dream from the point of the mother, everything becomes "impossible". It is as if you - the mother Mokey - were there already when you as a child had to hide certain parts from your self or certain experiences in order to be able to cope with your life.

And then you mix your outer life with your inner life. Perhaps this is the way you responded once when you wanted to teach Poppy to not lose sight of you?

The woman in the middle - your impartial observer - asks you "who are you"?
If you are or if you identify with the mother, you are somewhat confused.
If you are or if you identify with Poppy, you are freed.

You cannot feel safe, probably because you haven't find the right way yet to perceive this INNER situation?

Perhaps it helps you to become aware that your inner child never ran away from you, the adult version
of Mokey?
Perhaps it helps you to tell yourself that you are neither the mother nor the inner child?
Perhaps it helps you to look at the whole situation as if you are an impartial observer, trying to
heal an inner family by looking at what goes on without judging any of the members of your inner family?

It took me quite a long time to learn to not identify with any of the members of my inner family, be it the inner child, the mother or the father.

When I identified with the inner mother, I was "against" the inner child for I perceived her as the cause of all the trouble in my life and the healing work I had to go through.
When I identified with the inner child, I was "against" the inner mother and the inner father, for they were the cause of all the shit the inner child had to go through.
And every other possible combination, for I believed I needed "someone" who could be held responsible for this all.

Until I finally realised that this way I would always have an inner house in conflict and that that was really silly.

So, I learned step by step to become an impartial observer and that position is a great help  :)

I hope this makes sense to you.

Irina

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »
Mokey

In common Neopagan usage the three female figures are frequently described as the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone, each of which symbolizes both a separate stage in the female life cycle and a phase of the moon, and often rules one of the realms of earth, underworld, and the heavens. These may or may not be perceived as aspects of a greater single divinity.

The term triple goddess can be used outside of Neopaganism to instead refer to historical goddess triads and single goddesses of three forms or aspects.

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:12 PM »

One of walls has loads of holes in and needs filling. The holes are really deep, I try and fill one in but it's so deep that the stuff I am using just goes to the back of the walls. and doesn't fill the hole at all.

I notice that the kitchen has 8 sinks which are also dishwasher type things and each seems to do something slightly different to the others. I don't know how to use them and don't know which one I should use although one is bigger than the rest and seems to be the main one. I wonder if there are any instructions but sense they're aren't.

As I see it:
What I like about your dream is that they do not only teach you what the process is about, but also HOW NOT
and HOW TO approach this inner process.

In the first quote the dream shows you as the do-er. You start filling in the holes - you are not whole yet - yourself and you come to the conclusion that it does not work that way  ;)
You are not asked to interfere with the process to become whole again.

In the second quote your trust is growing. You become aware that the healing process does not come with any rules or instructions and you are okay with that. A wonderful lesson to learn  :)

mokey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 09:14:16 AM »
I had a dream last night which has really unsettled me. I dreamt that I was on a sandy/gritty sandy beach looking over to a cottage. In the window of the cottage sat my ex, looking out at me. I hadn't seen him for ages and he looked sad. Then M was there on the beach with me but his arms and legs had been amputated. He had some people round him helping him but it was known by all that he was dying. I felt sad and didn't understand how he was coping with living life day to day without any limbs.

That is all the dream showed me but I know it's really significant to where I am in life now. M was a man that came into my life about 18 months after I left an abusive relationship. I knew what we had together would never be long term but I also knew that I had to be with him for reasons that, at the time, I didn't understand. M went on to really help me heal from the abuse I'd suffered, he taught me what real love is and he helped me to connect to who I really am. I became more spiritual and more involved in my personal growth because of his input into my life and we had an amazing connection before it ended some 2 years later. I don't hold any romantic feelings towards M but I do miss the connection to myself that I felt when I was with him, if that makes sense. He believed in me and allowed me the space to explore who I really am and so I wonder if the dream is showing me that those parts of my life have been cut off and are dying? If that's the case, that does indeed make me very sad.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 09:23:37 AM »
Mokey - Being on a beach is a very powerful dream place. It is a place of change and also of opportunity, because it is a threshold between you and the depths of life within you. Here are a man's results from exploring his beach dream:

Then I began to define what I was as the beach - a meeting place for water, earth, air and sun – earth, air, fire and water. But the beach is not any one of them. It changes with the seasons and with the action of storms, of erosion and temperature. It isn’t the air, or the sea or the earth. It changes yet stays the same – the beach. Suddenly I felt this in myself, saying, “I am not anything. I change yet am unchanged. I am all things but nothing.” This gave me a very powerful sense of my own eternal spirit underlying all the changes of my body and personality. Robert.

The gritty sand is probably your own feelings that are not quite as 'soft' as you would like - it is what you stand on and know with your feet. The cottage appears to represent the past, and so shows your ex still peering out at you.

Such people as your ex and M in dreams are within you and so cannot be got rid of, but because they are your experience of them can be transformed or used. So it is not your ex or M you are dreaming of, but your dreams are showing you your inner feelings about the past relationships and all the memories needing to be digested and learned from. Remember that because you were together for a while there is no way you can ‘have nothing to do’ with someone you have been intimately involved with. It doesn’t work like that. Most people are often totally unaware of the massive experience they take in during a relationship and how it interacts with them when we love someone. In other words the memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event.

M of course is part of your transformation too. There are parts of you helping him toward going through the great transformation - death. M has lost his ability to use his arms and legs because you feel a loss because he is not physically present. His coming death suggests that your physical sense of him will die and he then becomes more of an inner reality.

Mokey, please realise that an immense and vital part of you is your inner self. It is all the values, convictions and learning that make you who you are. So becoming more of an inner reality, M becomes a real inner strength that is living and growing. So give up looking for him outwardly and see the strength that he left in you.

Also everybody we have known, your ex for instance, has valuable lessons to learn from. It doesn't pay to think of him negatively because by doing that you are actually building up awful things about yourself - for he is in you as memories, habits and emotions, and unless you deal with them they can lead to dark feelings. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/

Tony