Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 3 Sisters same recurring dream  (Read 4227 times)

ggarcia_1987

• View Profile
3 Sisters same recurring dream
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »
My sisters and I have had the same dream for years. It begins with a visit to my grandmother's house on the coast of Baja California, Mexico. We are each by ourselves walking near the beach and the tourist area on a very nice and sunny day. We hear the waves crashing and people having fun and enjoying themselves. Then everything goes silent, we take a look at the beach and notice that it begins pulling the shore line in towards itself. We yell and let everyone know to run. As we run from the beach each of our main objective is find each other and get to safety.

My questions are why do we have the same dream? and what does it mean?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: 3 Sisters same recurring dream
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:28:57 AM »
Ggarcia - You must know what it means when the sea line start pulling back suddenly - it means a great wave or tsunami is on the way. But in dreams it has a much different meaning than in waking life. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

But let me start with the scene your dream shows. Your grandmother's house is a magnificent dream symbol. To quote, "They are the doorway through which your life came into being, and bring us that much nearer to the source of Life. They are also the wonderful gateway to the ancestors and their collective wisdom. Grandparents represent the passage through all the phases of life, from babyhood through young adulthood to old age and facing death. So your dream brings you to a great source of knowledge. But dreams images are like icons on a computer screen - you have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/clicking-on/

In the dream you are aware of your connection with your family - probably through the grandmother influence in your dream - but you are also by yourself showing your independence. But the beach is another powerful symbol and represents the link with your own individual personality and the enormous part of you that you remain unaware of. This is the Life process within you that keeps your heart besting and cares for everything that you have little or no control over such as your breathing and all the movements within you and your body makes unconsciously. It is immense.

The threatened tsunami is not the awful threat it would be in waking life, it is the power within you of massive change. I am talking about the massive changes you have already been through as you grew from a time seed too small to recognise into the adult you are today. Yes, it is the power of growth.

But all of your previous growth was largely unconscious, but Life is offering you a new form of growth that you have to agree to. You have to face your fear of the waves that you run from.

A tsunami can be understood as an expression of our personal adaptation to enormous changes. They can wash away most of the beliefs, social structures we have built or held onto as important. Yet if we are not afraid of change and the forces that we are actually involved in, then we can find enormous power and force within us.
Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Reaction

Tony