Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: three wolves and three tornados  (Read 6325 times)

Georgina

• View Profile
three wolves and three tornados
« on: April 25, 2015, 10:03:15 PM »
I had a dream that I felt was significant.
I was on a campus with a co worker who I work with co managing some projects in my career (in reality). We walked down this steep levy, at the bottom of the levy was a wooded tree line. Above the treeline the sky was dark with storm clouds, three tornados were descending from the cloud. The trees were swishing in the circular winds.
I saw orange glowing eyes in the under brush in the edge of the woods and brought it to my co worker's attention. He looked at it and as he did I saw movement to the left, I turned and saw a black wolf and a gray wolf stalking towards us, I turned back toward the tree line and the orange eyes emerged stalking us too, she was a white wolf. My co worker was not alarmed and told them to leave and the white wolf listened and  turned and walked away occasionally looking back at us. She was the leader the gray and black wolves followed.
After walking up the levy, my co manager left, and my (deceased) mother and (deceased) grandmother (her mother who I never met) were throwing my clothes in the dumpster. I told them i liked the blouse she was throwing away and she told me it looked trashy on me and I should get rid of it. That's pretty much where the dream ended.
I keep thinking the symbols were too strong to ignore but I don't know what it all means. Someone else's opinion is welcome.

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: three wolves and three tornados
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
Georgina - Welcome to the Forum  :)

I feel too that you are right about this dream being significant, for as I see it, it expresses a part of your growth process "in a nutshell".

“In a nutshell” because a dream is something that comes from a deep part of you; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. Because of this dreams are often not recognised for their full meaning until later; sometimes months or even longer. The dream images are attempts to communicate something that has probably never been thought about or even been consciously thought about, so has never been put into common conscious thinking before. It is a communication from the depths, from beyond thought, and so any interpretations that are given by thinking may completely miss the point. But the source of the dream, which is a process of Life, is intelligent in its own way, and will take part in any attempt to communicate. So exploring your dreams by entering into their imagery and attempting to understand them will be a two way process.

Also I like you to understand that the dream is ‘a tentative feeler toward the future’; ‘a dress-rehearsal for life,’ in which the dreamer reveals his hopes, fears, and plans for the future. This can be seen in any long journal of dreams, but only if the dreamer explores the dreams and reveals the core of what the dream is really about. You can become very aware of your present state of being and your possible future. It is only your possible future predicated from the time of the dream. It appears that what we do today casts shadows that are our future. But because we may change and act differently in our waking life and/or inner life, the shadows of the future may change.
See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/future/

As I see it your being on a campus in your dream reflects a learning situation with this co- worker in your waking life and in your inner world.
And so your outer relationship with him will serve as a growth catalyst.

Physically a woman is predominantly female, but also has a clitoris and produces some male hormones. Psychologically, we may only express part of our potential in everyday life. In a woman, the more physically dynamic, intellectual and socially challenging side of herself such as assertiveness and taking charge of situations may be given less expression. Apart from this some features, such as innovation and creative rational thought, may be held in latency. Even if this is not true for the modern woman, there are features of her full potential that are held as secondary or latent characteristics, and are depicted by the male in female dreams.
See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/

Co-operating with “him” enables you to get deeper into your own nature. This may at times be felt as threatening or scary. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/what-we-need-to-remember-about-us-3/#Important

I feel that the number three – three tornado’s, three wolves - is a symbol of the creativity which arises out of the two opposites –  male and female – co-operating.

Your intuition that you are moving toward life changing and perhaps sudden events that will bring great change (and with that sometimes the feeling of threat) is symbolised by the three tornado’s.

When something gets nearer to us in a dream – like the wolves did - it means that it is moving nearer to consciousness.
So your wolves – or at least, what they represent - are becoming more conscious. This means you are facing your fear and thereby dealing with it. If you had run away then the meeting with this inner aspect would not have the same response as it had in your dream.

It is possible that you are already capable of understanding what these three wolves symbolise, but as I said before, it can take some linear time before you get to that point with your inner process and that is okay too.
See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

From the reaction of your (inner) male co-worker I would say that whatever these wolves represent, it is something he is very comfortable with and so I wonder if you see him as a person who is capable of directing his feelings (regarding the project? Or sexual feelings? Or other drives?) in a way which you perceive as helpful.

What arises as well is that you perceive the white wolf as feminine and as the leader. What the dream reflects though is that he is the leader, for the white wolf does obey his natural authority.

As far as a possible sexual charge is concerned:
“Love is about joy and pleasure and it is also about birthing. On the most physical level, sexual passion often results in the conception and birth of a child. But it is not just physical birthing that sex creates. Eros often attends the creative process. Two colleagues working together are aware of an erotic charge. They may confuse this with a romantic or sexual attraction when it actually has to do with birthing their project. Often when the project is completed, the feeling goes away. If they get confused and act out their erotic attraction, they may find that their relationship suddenly becomes confused, complicated and generally unsatisfactory and their project aborts”.
See http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Heroes-Within-Archetypes-Ourselves/dp/0062506781/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430052919&sr=8-1&keywords=awakening+the+hero+within

Once you had worked your way through this meeting with your wolves, you were able to climb out of the situation again and your co-manager left, because this is “a women’s inner work now”. It is at this point where you receive help from both your mother and your grandmother and I wonder if they help you to release whatever you must have absorbed from them.
See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-conjuring-trick/ and
(Tony will you please add the link Talking with those who have passed on ?)

Your mother and grandmother help you to become aware of the purpose of this meeting with the three wolves.
It is important to explore – whenever you are ready for it – what you associate with the blouse, for it is an indication of what they advise you to release.
See  http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working

I gave you a lot to read and reflect on, but as you said: “I had a dream that I felt was significant”.  ;)

Anna :-)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »
WOW - WOW. T

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 05:44:14 PM »
Georgina - Tony's last name is GreyWolf and when he is happy he loves to howl  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSqkO1WKgJE

Anna :-)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:47:56 PM by - anna - »