Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Giantess Under the Sea  (Read 6651 times)

salmonspirit

• View Profile
The Giantess Under the Sea
« on: June 25, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »
 Hi all, I'm new here. I'm sixteen and I suffer from pretty severe anxiety and had PTSD until I was around nine years old due to a violent family life. I had a dream last night, more detailed than any dream I've ever had, and possibly life-changing, if anyone can help me interpret this I'd love to know.

I had a dream I was standing on the small wooden float that used to be tied about 10 feet off the shore of our house, where in the summer we'd tie the rowboat up to. I was standing on it looking straight out at the water at around sunset. I suddenly felt hugely compelled to run and jump into the water, so I did. Without thinking about what I was doing I was just swimming downwards, and I mean straight downwards. I must've swam half a mile straight into the dark. At this point I was rather scared because I remembered somehow in my dream that our part of the ocean was home to the world's largest species of octopus, as well as huge crabs, lobsters, six-gill sharks and sturgeon that could be 40 feet in length. So I was freaking but somehow I could breathe underwater. Anyway I started to see a dim light in front of me. I followed it through the mud on the ocean floor until it got as bright as daylight. I looked up and I saw I giant woman sitting in the mud with her legs crossed. She was really a giant - I was probably only as high as her thumb. She asked me why I had come to her and I said without thinking "because I live in fear." She asked me what I was afraid of and looked into my eyes and I had this sense that I can't describe any other way than that she knew everything about me. About 25 meters away from where we were I started seeing one by one all the things I was afraid of, appearing in the water like mirages. They looked so real that I got really scared. The giantess smiled at me then and I suddenly started to grow until I was her size. She said to me "what do your fears look like now?" and I responded "they look very small."
"And what about the ocean?"
"well, it looks the same size."
she smiled at that and began picking up the fears one by one in her hands. She then reached for a bulb of kelp floating nearby, rooted somewhere to the sea floor I guess. She split the bulb open with a bone knife, slipped my fear inside of it and sealed the gash with her thumb. She did this to each one until we were alone again in the dark. She made me regular size again. She sent me without another word to the surface again. I climbed onto the float. There was an otter sitting on the float too which didn't surprise me as they actually had a nest right underneath it. But the otter followed me and when I started walking up the path it turned into our street here and the otter followed me and curled up beside me in bed and when I woke up the cat was sleeping right where the otter had been.

salmonspirit

• View Profile
Re: The Giantess Under the Sea
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 03:07:01 PM »
I should clarify; I used to live by the ocean and when I said "my street here" I mean the street where I live now, in the desert.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »

SalmonSpirit - My dear, I have watched the river of dreams for what is a lifetime to most people. And your dream is special and tells me that you are a lovely young woman with a gift. I will try to explain.

First you tell us you suffer severe anxiety, yet in the dream you cut through all hundreds of images that usually really terrify and haunt people like fear of drowning and dying when they dream of going deep in the sea; like the monsters you hold in memory like the largest species of octopus, as well as huge crabs, lobsters, six-gill sharks and sturgeon that could be 40 feet in length. Nearly every person whose dreams I meet cannot pass through those images and take sometimes years to meet and pass through them. This tells me that the gift you have is largely unknown, unconscious, and is emerging in this wonderful dream. It is the gift if seeing all the awful beliefs and images our or your culture puts in front of you and you see you are in truth a much bigger person who emerges unscathed from things that cripple others for a lifetime.

But of course you are still a young woman who is 'small' and anxious and so you are in need of realising your immensity. To do this I need to tell you things that perhaps you have never realised before, so please take time to read and digest what is said in the links and what follows.

Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. You cut through this because in some way you have learned or were born with the unconscious wonderful wisdom that you have that nothing can actually hurt you in you inner life, the life of your mind, imagination and beliefs. You cannot drown, or be shot or die in this world, so such fears that cause you anxiety are like images on a cinema screen.

Of course there are real threats in the outer world that can hurt you, but whatever threatens you in the world around you should never crush the wonderful spirit you have within you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/how-magical-we-are-how-lost-we-are/ - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/water-wonderland/

Remember also that you, the personality or name you call yourself, is a new thing and all you are now is recorded in a new brain. But where and why did that brain develop? Well, a simple answer is that it was caused by a seed from a seed and from thousands of seeds that began an unimaginable time ago in the ocean - in the slime where single celled life forms began. And that is where your present life began, in the slime of your parents mating. You are an example or ‘life’ the most mysterious thing, yet most of us are totally unaware of what causes us. You cannot say that your mother and father caused you, because you mother was a fertile place in which your father place a seed. Then her body was taken over by the process of life, and she was not the one to cause the growth of your body. The egg your father planted was also not created by him. 

So you are really a very ancient being, a life form which has attained a small measure of self consciousness. Unfortunately most of us were taught to turn that self awareness outward. But fortunately you have realised in some way that you have an immense and deep inner world.

You can, if you wish, explore that wondrous world. There are tools or methods to aid you to do it, because your dream is only like a cover of a book, or computer icons on the monitor; they are lifeless unless you click on them. 

So please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson - http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/ as an example of the depths within you - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/meetings-with-the-christ/

So let's look at your dream, remembering that its images are simple covers on a massive book of wonders. Well you are standing on a float on the ocean. The float represents your awareness you gain through your senses - which makes you virtually blind and deaf. It shows you that your present awareness of you, your personality is only a small floating thing on the huge ocean of Life - and Life is not an inanimate or mechanical thing.

Then an urge from the huge self - your intuition - makes you take the dive to discovery. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/

Amazingly you explore deeper and deeper into your usually unconscious self - which says to me that you have been there before in other 'seeds' experience. You go deeper and deeper and get to the slime at the beginning of life forms - and pass through - another wonderful achievement. You get to your core self. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/ http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/levels-of-awareness-in-waking-and-dreaming/

But there you encounter the huge being that you are at your core. I know we are raised to believe we are nothing but tiny ants that are helpless. It is huge lies told by poor little minds that have never had the courage to actually explore their own consciousness, but spout thousands of words - words that are actually associations they learnt and such words are never an expression of the reality that words express.

You are touching the reality that you are - and in doing so are shown how little and powerless are the things that you use to cause anxiety.

There is much more I could say - but it is enough. It is up to you to see if you can use any of it.

Meanwhile I send a grandfather's love and care - supposing that your grandfather had any love to give.

Tony

salmonspirit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 06:05:20 AM »
thank you- while seeming a bit far-fetched at first, this reply clicks with me on some level. Through meditation as well as your suggested methods I intend on exploring this further, thank you so much again!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:39:15 AM »
SalmonSpirit - Dreams are like seeds planted in your awareness, and they take place deep within you and takes time to break above the surface, sometimes months or even years. I know because living a long life I have seen the seeds of my dreams grow into their fulfillment.

I often liken it to an acorn planted and its has grown a little and has put out small leaves - and it wonders how the hell it will survive. And with those anxious feelings it is given a dream from it core self, its potential that knows that inside it is an enormous tree - so it dreams that it grows an enormous trunk with branches spreading and hundreds of acorns it forms. The little tree is helped by this but still scared. But slowly as time passes it sees for itself what a wonderful tree it is.

Tony