Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I and my cousin see the same dream since childhood, repeatedly  (Read 5365 times)

Nina

• View Profile
Hi Tony,
I've been searching for an explanation for my dream for a while and I found YOU finally! It's really important for me.

I've been seeing a dream since I was a child once or twice a year and every time, it's exactly the same as the last time, with no difference at all.

In my dream, I, my mom and my cousin are walking in a jungle and suddenly we see a lion in the woods. The lion chases us. We start running and after a while we enter a tunnel. The lion still chases us. There is a turn in tunnel. I and my cousin pass that turn, but my mom loses her control and falls down. The lion reaches her, bites her and starts eating her body in front of us.

It always ends here. The most amazing and even terrifying part of my dream is:
5 years ago, I found out that cousin of mine sees the exact same dream in the exact same night I'm seeing it (and by "exact", I mean exact exact exact!!!!)
The only difference is each of us sees the dream from her view. I see her and my mom beside me, she sees me and her aunt.

What does all that mean?
Thanks a lot ...

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I and my cousin see the same dream since childhood, repeatedly
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:26:34 AM »
Nina - Wow - a scary and also fascinating dream(s).

I sense this dream is about a feeling of awful loss. It starts with you all together walking in the jungle - a state of your natural self which often needs getting used to because in this state you meet the lions, tigers that are now free and interacting with you. In other words feelings, fears, no longer masked by civilised surroundings.

Suddenly the lion you react to as threatening - but that is because you are afraid of your own fears. The following shows how it could have been met if you were not afraid.

Example: I had my first lucid dream when I was quite young, maybe 5 or 6. In it I was myself at the time, a small child and I was alone in a jungle in the daytime (I knew it was day as I noted that it was somewhat light through the deep tangle of lush plants). I was alert in this exotic environment, but not afraid. All of a sudden a large adult tiger appeared directly in front of me moving towards me. I was quite startled and aware that I was in a very dangerous situation. But I just calmed myself from within, and at that moment, I was able to tell myself that it was ok; I was in a dream and the tiger would not really hurt me. Then I was able to face the tiger directly as an equal with no malice. I don't know what happened after that, or if I simply awoke, but I know I never considered that dream a nightmare, and I have always remembered it. P.

In our dreams, every thought, every shade of emotion immediately becomes a physical reality. Your anxiety - the lion - was immediately formed into the actions that followed - you run away, which is never a good idea in a dream, because dream images are only your own feeling out into objects, actions and things; so you were running away from you own anxiety.

You go into a tunnel - a period of your life that is limited, probably because if your enormous dependence on your mother. It also represents an attempt to hide by being unconscious or not aware of what you were doing or was involved in.

What you were involved in was the fear of losing your mother - the lion killed her. It probably happened that about the time of the first dream there was something that set the fear in you, a terrible shock for a child, that your mother could die or leave you. So afterwards you had not faced this fear of her death and so it appeared often.

Your cousin saw her aunt who was an important and supportive woman to her. You dreamt the same dream because you have a living but inner and outer link with her and share the same fear.

To stop the dream happening decide to face the lion of your fear by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony

Nina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 07:33:19 AM »
Thanks a lot Tony for taking time and responding.

I think you're right. Although I don't remember that much, but my first 6 years of childhood was in war. My mom was a nurse. She didn't come home some nights helping casualties. Some of those nights, I was asking myself if I she would come home the day after or not.

But what about the other part? I mean why should we see the same dream, in one night together, all the time? Does it have any meaning or just coincidence?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »
Nina - The short answer to your question about why you dream the same thing the same night is that most of us were raised in a culture that developed the belief that our life was based on atoms. Atoms were thought to be the smallest thing, and as these were what made our body and brains, and because there dispersion meant death, we had the view that we were all separate from each other. This meant that any odd things such as your dreams could only be explained by telepathy, psychic phenomena or coincidence; all based on the old view.

But a century ago it was found that we - our body and mind were based on something that was seen as being beyond belief. What many people are largely unaware of is that an enormous change is taking place. It is almost an upheaval of the very ground we take for granted – REALITY. You see, many people still believe we are just flesh and blood, and as flesh and blood is all we are made of, we will perish and rot. But a great struggle is going on between what we took to be reality and the new scientific findings.

The new findings are known as quantum physics - the implications of the theorem are enormous. Something can be in two places at once. Apparently distant objects, or people, are intricately linked in an immediate way. There is no separate existence as we previously thought. Our view of the world is not one supported by the facts of physics. Time and space are transcended. David Bohm, an eminent physicist, goes as far as to say that all things in our observable universe are inextricable linked. Nothing has separate existence. At our core we are all quantum creatures. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/there-is-a-huge-change-happening/ also http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-paradigm/

So of course we are all capable of what you describe, but probably because you have family and personal links - and of course the feelings you experienced are much more powerful that you are aware of, so you reached across time and space for a contact.

Tony 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:21:47 AM by Tony Crisp »