Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ouroboros  (Read 5098 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Ouroboros
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
Part of my dream last night was I was crawling down from a tall stone statue of a woman that had collapsed and folded on itself.  Breasts folded over thighs a face sticking out of the pile big black lips.  When I got to the bottom and the ground I said "I bit it."

For some reason I associate biting with the ouroborus, biting the tail of my evil that is chasing me. Or it might be biting my tongue, which I did with someone during the day of the dream.

I think it has to do with the following.  In order to survive my family of origin, when I felt threatened I said nothing and did nothing.  I was terrified, frozen, paralyzed.  There were times of course when I said and did something and was punished for it.  I often revert back to this when I feel afraid.  Sometimes I say nothing and do nothing on purpose to piss people off.  Sometimes I am terrified of what I will say or do and how others might react.  I feel sort of possessed by the negative anima and animus.  Stuck.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Ouroboros
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »
Chris - The, "I bit it" could also be see as biting your own arse. But a wider view of the ouroborus could be the connection with your polar opposite - so the you that is not limited by the fixed stone statue - which might signify a ‘dead’ part of you which had been stuck in stone and so couldn’t change. That it is collapsing probably would link with uncomfortable feelings as tremendous change is taking place.

The feeling of being stuck also links with the stone statue and if I am right a process of change is beginning. I sense this is about a pit you could fall into but your dream suggests you will succeed. The pit is the sense of isolation met through family connection.  You developed a sense of hardness, of separateness and isolation from your passed experiences - the stone statue - and this needs to be dispersed through some gentle influence. The growing feeling of unity with others is healing, and it provides a supportive environment in which to undertake any difficult projects or tasks. There is also the possibility of great creativity from the dark unconscious if the darkness of past experience can be met.

Use the power you have to transform angers and fears into creative energy that does not cut your links with the world and the people in it.

Chris, I send you some of that gentle influence and support.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:21:15 AM »
Thank you Tony.  I definitely have been feeling differently about myself lately.  Last night part of a dream was I was alone sitting in a tent (as in camping) and a grey cat came up to the tent and stuck its nose in at the bottom of a zipper.  I put my hands through the zipper and brought it into the tent.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 07:33:18 AM »
Chris that sounds hopeful.

The tent may be the envelop of protection that led to feelings of being alone. Your instinctive self found a way to break through, and you helped it.

Tony