Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Twice a year  (Read 4236 times)

Lia

• View Profile
Twice a year
« on: July 31, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
Hello,

I dream, at  most, about twice a year... and that’s in a good year :) So every time I dream, my dreams have a powerful impact on me, and they always come true...

So, last night (morning rather), after having this dream, I woke up very unsettled.

I dreamed that I was chased by a beautiful red lion/lioness. I can’t exactly say which it was because I don’t clearly remember whether it had a mane or not. But I remember it being beautiful, gracious, elegant with a shiny red fur. This animal was chasing me but I managed to get somewhere that seemed to be a small fenced yard, that had grass, and the feeling of my kitchen at the same time because it had the size and the shape of my kitchen, and it had in it my fridge. So I was there in this space, and the lion was coming towards me. As I felt protected by the space I was in and the fence, I opened my fridge and I took out on a plate a few pieces of cheese, and maybe some other things, but I clearly remember the cheese. Meanwhile, the lion managed to break through the fence (in a spot corresponding to where my backdoor into the kitchen is) and get into the yard, and as it was preparing to attack me, it transformed into a billy goat. But it kept the colour.  To divert the goat from attacking me, I threw the content of my plate towards it, and then the plate too. The goat bit into the plate that got it stuck into its mouth. This move helped me, as the goat was not able to attack me anymore.
Needless to say, I woke up quite restless, a bit scared, and really wanting to know what might this dream mean.
Could you help at deciphering it?
Thank you.
Lia
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:19:57 PM by Lia »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Twice a year
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »
Lia - I will try, but first you must realising something about your beautiful red lion - whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. The problem is that we are often scared of or frightened of actually experiencing our emotions and so they confront us in our dreams. Avoiding them or controlling them is like running away from oneself – there is no escape.

Also our central self is basically consciousness/energy that can enliven a body but is not limited by it, and can exist as bodiless awareness. So from the point of view of dreams you cannot die or be destroyed. Also in dreams – your inner life – you can appear as any form, any gender and any creature. But we are so sure we are the limited world we know through our senses, and we are trapped by this view. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner   

Okay, now to your dream. Being chased and trying to get away is liked trying to avoid growing up, or not being ready to learn something - probably because you are scared or avoiding it. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/processing-dreams/#Because

The animal we dream about may still represent our personal struggle with and fear of our own instinctive reactions and feelings. It is also probably true that all of us, experience deeply moving feeling reactions such as anxiety in response to many events of our everyday life. Such reactions are from our animal heritage - after all we are all sprung from mammals and have the same breasts, vaginas and reactions. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

In fact you ride an ancient beast. The ancient beast is your body, and your conscious self is the modern and recent rider of it. Some ‘riders’ do not understand their animal needs – and the fact that we have several levels of brain that are independent of each other proves this. Still active in us are our Reptile Brain, our mammalian Brain, and our Human Brain.

The lions in a dream represent you own primitive female, your own wonderful strength, and the beauty of you was trying to make you aware if it. But your ability to repress such feelings - shown by the fence and your feelings of protection - were enough to prevent you from meeting this aspect of your wonderful potential.  See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/potential/

But your unconscious efforts to repress the feelings did manage to rob you of the beauty and turned it into - the goat - which often represents rutting sexuality, or if a female goat the fertility and procreative power. The red is the colour of life and passion for life and love - a beautiful passion that was transformed in the goat.

You tried it food the animal, but with the feeling of fear the offer stuck in its throat - this often means it was prevented to express itself.

Your dream animal only attacks you if you are feeling fear and facing your dream animal as if it were an outer animal.

Example: A few days ago I dreamt that a mountain lion got loose in my house.  It was a wild animal, but I was completely unafraid of it.  I was terrified that it would hurt my family but I had no fear for my own safety.  I somehow knew that it would not hurt me.  In fact, later in the dream, I went to go chase it out of the house and it was as tame as a house cat with me.

Example: A year ago I dreamed 3 Male African Lions chased me to a fence that I hopped over and escaped from them. A couple nights ago I dreamed 3 lions (the same lions) walked calmly into the room I was in and sat down like a pussycats….at 1st it startled me and I got up to run then I realized they weren’t trying to chase me. I asked someone had their teeth been removed, the answer was no so I sat back down right across from them and they watched me like Morris the cat and I just sat there looking back at them…..then I woke up. Can you tell me what that dream means? 

Tony