Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Canal dream  (Read 6324 times)

Dawn71

• View Profile
Canal dream
« on: August 27, 2015, 12:55:12 AM »
Hi Tony and Anna, Hope you enjoyed your well deserved break! You do so much for others you should take more time out for yourselves. Make it regular  :)
Now I am asking for advice!

I remember being beside a canal with many others, multitudes of people sitting on the banks. All very nice and picnic like.
Fast forward into walking and coming across a green Cliffside like edge, but it wasn’t a cliff as such, more of a steep bank crevice overlooking the length of a canal. I stepped onto it no one with me and noticed the earth underfoot was not as solid and firm as it should have been but was solid enough to walk on. I sat and looked out and was looking across the canal I’d already been beside. Then I became aware of the earth beneath me and that it was more moss like than solid earth and looked round to see a sign which was staked in the ground warning that it was ******* cannot remember but meaning it was not a solid structure. So although not immediately I began to retreat from it.

The memory I had when looking at the canal banks while sitting on the un-solid ground overlooking it was from when I was sat upon it and the memory was different from my reality of the experience at the time. I saw blankets upon the bank where everyone sat, no-one sat upon the grass bank, they were all sitting on the blankets which covered the banks. Without which there was immediate danger from the earth to them.

The blankets were baby blankets for a cot size but I take that as meaning in my life literally as I have a 1yr old baby and I use those blankets.

Then someone started telling me of a person with great wealth, and wanted me to see, so I agreed and they took me there. It was still the canal. They had several miles of the canal which were tennis courts, swimming pools, houses, golfing, and many sporting and luxury things which most of us dream of, all in one long line of a canal. Not usual and was odd to me at the time, like it was laid out so structured and un-usual to normal for a person. I thought why did they choose to have it like that as luxurious and splendid as it was, most would envy naturally.

It seemed odd and laid out wrong but like it had to be that way, their luxury deserved had to be laid out in an unusual fashion. But boy they enjoyed it all the same as if the usual! I felt good for them! But a discomfort at the layout, if me I would not want it that way, I’d want it in one structure. Not miles of length along a thin canal stretched out. I appreciated that for them it was good and worked for them and saw the difference between us in what makes us happy. I knew I would prefer different if I had the choice and opportunity ever.

I feel it's about me even with the other people and how parts of my life are but would appreciate your input very much. The blankets are something I may have been laying on the banks for other peoples sakes, their comfort rather than my own? Have a few thoughts about it but would love to have your opinion and insights.

Many thanks
Dawn

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Canal dream
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »
Dawn - I do take time off regularly. Every Saturday I take the day off  ;)

The first part of your dream seems to be about the love and care you have developed in caring for your baby. The dream says, in no uncertain terms, that your care and love can give support and care to many others.

The canal I see as the story of your life. Life is very uncertain, but your love has spread out and it gives you a certainty you might otherwise not have - the wonderful certainty of motherhood.

The business of pleasures other people have through riches is shown in a different way in your dream. In your mind you want them now all in one lump. But my feeling is that because the canal is representing the direction of your life, now and in the future - it is strung out suggesting progression so the passing of time - it says that in your life you will have many pleasures and the riches of life as you pass through your life's journey.

Tony

Dawn71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 10:17:46 PM »
Good glad you do take time out regularly.  :)
Thank-you for your breakdown, I can recognize what you have said in my life. The luxury laid out like that meaning it will come, reward, over time not in one hit hadn't occurred to me at all. I do wish for a miracle I guess as I'm always having family living with me, each member of close family has moved in at some time when they've needed help, my longing is to make it easier and a little bit of space as my home is small. I appreciate what I have, just would be less pressure if my home was bigger. So that's where the desire for a lottery win comes from  ;)

I'm what is considered an older mum, did it both sides very young and had a big gap after my three grew up, 18 yr gap, he's of course my world as babies always are. But I still have strong desire to help others, to a degree has had to be put on hold but still do what I can when I can.

Many thanks Tony
Dawn

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
Well - I am guessing again, but it seems like a canal is something you travel along so you can't see everything at once - but there are some surprises up ahead - so keep up the good work.

Tony

Dawn71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:21:11 PM »
I see it as more than guessing Tony. I don't like surprises lol but if they are all lovely ones then I will look forward to them. I'm a creature of habit hence the dislike of surprises  ;) Many thanks