Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lovely / Sad dream  (Read 8145 times)

pjwdreams

• View Profile
Lovely / Sad dream
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:35:01 AM »
Hi, this is my first post here, I dream a lot so there may be more to come.

Thought I would post this before I forget it.

Last night I in my dreams I was someone who knew and lived next door to royalty, but I myself was poor, even so I was allowed to be around this royal / lovely family, the characters of which in real life was my childhood family from next door.

(NOTE: The QUEEN I speak of below may also or indeed be more accurately a PRINCESS).

In the dream, the girl being around 25 was the queen, who was the daughter in the family next door, who in my real life was my little girlfriend from next door when we were kids. I loved her dearly in my dream. But for some reason in my dream I had a girlfriend of my own. She was poor too. And there was some sort of indecision about whether she remained to live the poor life or whether to go to something like deportment school / university so she could be seen in public with the royals.

Later on in the dream I was at the royal palace and I saw the queen naked. I was in love with the queen, but she was already betrothed to another, but she and I still shared a very warm friendship. She got dressed and we talked (about what I cant remember) and I held her crown which was lying on the floor, and the crown sang a heavenly song. And I felt great joy and sadness at the same time. And the queen smiled at me reassuringly.

Still later in the dream, there was another great sadness, it was like the queen had been killed or assassinated. But still later she had grown old, or maybe she was a spirit, and she said "I still love you". And again I felt the feeling of both great joy and sadness and broke down in tears. I dont know where my poor girlfriend was at this point. The father in the royal family was comforting me and said everything would be ok.

At this point there was a bit of weirdness, like the whole thing was just a story in a novel, and it could have gone two ways, the way it did in the dream, or that none of it was real and it never really happened.

Next my mother took me away from the royal palace and I woke up.

Im my real life I suffer from depression which kick started from the breakup of what i consider to be the love of my life. Note that the love of my life is not the same person as the queen.

I am still holding on to the feelings I had in that dream now, it feels very
intense, a combination of yearning, deep love and great sadness. It's a feeling that I havent had in a very long time. In fact it's a long time since I had any feelings except for hopelessness pretty much.

I also feel like I am in a bit of a time warp. The dream seemed to be set maybe around the 1800s, like it's possible I may have been experiencing a previous life, but there was too much connection with my own life because of the people in the dream.

Also another bit of information, the father of the queen who was comforting me at the end, has recently passed away. I knew him when I was a child (when me and the "queen" were childhood friends) and I hadn't seen him for many many years and I only saw him again just before he recently died. I dont know if that means anything, because we never had an association in my adult life and I doubt he would bother coming to my dream after he died, although he was a VERY popular and loved man and they filled a major church in town at his funeral.

This is the most powerful feeling dream I have ever had. I hope you enjoyed reading it and you even feel a little bit of the emotion I felt during the dream.

So does it mean anything?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:05:08 AM by pjwdreams »

pjwdreams

• View Profile
Re: Lovely / Sad dream
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:01 PM »
well no matter, i am happy to have had this dream, it still warms me now :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:26 PM »
Dear PJWdreams – Of course it means something – and I am sorry I took so long to answer.

If you realise that you are all the characters in your dream, it helps. A dream is like a world of feelings and associations you give images to and create a drama with. So the friend you loved - the Queen - is you, as well as the girl from a less moneyed family.

How can that be? A friend dreamt of being attacked by dogs while in a phone booth. He was trying to contact his mother, but there was no answer. The telephone was his lifelong attempt to reach and be loved by his family. No answer because of no success to feel loved. The dogs tearing him were his awful anxiety he suffered – through being put in an orphanage while some of his siblings were still with the mother.

So the dream you have created shows the girl and woman you could have been if you could have found your way through the difficulties you met. Of course we all have the potential to be anything. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/recovery-from-a-life-of-pain/

But you went on to live the poor life of the other girl. But there was a point in your life when opportunity was missed. It was probably to do with the lost love – that you knewa new you for a while but couldn’t hang on to it.
Of course there is a connection with the past. Nothing can grow out of nothing. And it would be too much of a burden to see what we are facing.

And the piece about the story in the novel – of course it could have gone at least two ways – and many more. The point where you saw the Queen naked is very meaningful. That was your beauty disrobed of any poor feelings. That is the ‘you’ behind your depression. So keep hold of the image and look forward to more feelings and tears. They are very cleansing.

And thank you for sharing your dream.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:04:24 AM by Tony Crisp »

pjwdreams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »
thanks very much for looking at my dream Tony : )

what did the bit mean about me holding the crown and it singing a heavenly tune, and feeling great joy and sadness at the same time? does it have something to do with me re-discovering being a musician, as i am now getting a lot of enjoyment out of making music again, which i havent done for a very long time.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:38:14 AM »
PjwDreams – Thanks for coming back with questions. Because of time I only manage to do a sort of shorthand version often, and reading through I wonder how much of it makes sense.

I believe the being a musician is only a side issue. And I do not mean that it is not important. I see the crown, which you should put on now if you can value yourself enough, as a bridge, a link, between your little waking self and the wonderful potential you have.

PJ, you can see from your dream what you could have been – and still can be. So do not hold back because of doubts and fears. It was those that assassinated the Queen that you are. And it is not that you are blessed above others, we all have a wonder in us – Christmas isn’t about a special baby, it is about every baby. Unfortunately we are educated in a world that believes we are not royalty.

The crown sings a heavenly song because it is a gateway to heaven, and so the music pours through it. Put it on and let it pour through you.

Tony

pjwdreams

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 06:28:15 AM »
wow, thanks again Tony : )