Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bulldog in the forest holding my leg.  (Read 4305 times)

Dorsy

• View Profile
Bulldog in the forest holding my leg.
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:35:20 AM »
Dear Tony,

This night I have dreamt a dream that I don't quite understand fully.
I was in a forest/jungle sitting with my step dad (who has passed away not long ago) and some other presence from other side, then I saw a spotted bulldog that was approaching me from the bushes, I got scared, it had no owner, it came to me and started fiddling around my legs and pressing its nose against it, next thing I remember it grabbing my leg, I could feel it's teeth, and I was terrified that it will bite me any moment but it didn't, I was very scared to move my leg, it felt as if tho the dog was holding or restricting me, then I saw a man pass in the distance with another dog on the leash, I hoped that he would pick up the dog that was holding me, but he just left. I communicated via my thoughts to my stepfather to help me out and it felt like he did something I can not remember clearly anymore. Next I remember being in a big house or building, it was clean and nice, empty, I was passing a room and saw the same dog but it was not a bulldog anymore, it was big white and fluffy, it was in some open container bathing/swimming on its sides in water, it looked calm and happy and it did not even see me, I was also more calm and happy for the dog.

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this,
Greetings,
Selene
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:38:29 AM by Dorsy »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Bulldog in the forest holding my leg.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:46:04 AM »
Selene - What we fail to understand about our dreams is that the people, animals and scenes, are all created out of our own fears, hopes, longings and associations that we are unaware of. So your spotted bulldog obviously has associated ideas and feelings which you are scared of.

Think about it for a moment - the dog had no owner, and you probably feel that it would mean there was no one around to control it. That is made clearer because you hoped the man with the other dog would be of help.

But dogs and cats express themselves in actions mainly through their mouths. The dog was showing you that it liked you by holding you with its mouth but not breaking the skin. It was an act of love but you got frightened probably because your own response to love - the dog - might get out of or not be under control.

It is made even clearer when you call on your dead step dad for help in dealing with/controlling your feelings of fear. Adding this figure to your dream transformed the apparently dangerous bulldog, the same dog, but it was not a bulldog anymore, it was big white and fluffy, which changed the way you felt to calm and happy.

There is a great lesson to learn from this Selene. It is that we all the time create an inner world of intense feelings and reaction, but we are mostly unaware of doing it. But the awful thing is that it makes us victims of our own emotions and natural reactions. Fortunately you were not trapped in your feelings of fear because you changed the scene by thinking about your step dad. But supposing you had a love affair that ended leaving you in pain - well many people are stuck in their pain and do not or will admit that they created the pain themselves. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Victim - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony

Dorsy

• View Profile
Re: Bulldog in the forest holding my leg.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 01:16:58 PM »
Dear Tony,

Thank you very much for your help, it is very appreciated.

Selene