Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Toothbrushes  (Read 5447 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Toothbrushes
« on: November 22, 2015, 10:35:17 AM »
Hi Tony, I can't quite get a message from the toothbrush symbols in this dream

(Thought I'd just add the start of the dream: The dream began with me walking through underground pathways by huge boulders. I felt happy but groups of people were rushing by racing, I said something like it's not a competition, a leader of a group turns and says, 'oh you are so wrong, life is definitely a competition' I carry on at my own pace, I don't think I have the physical energy to speed up, even if I wanted to which I dont,  I enter a gift shop that I come across and I'm given a gift of a white bead bracelet, it has the remnants of soil as if it had been buried, I put it in my left wrist, it's a white stone, possibly with a slight green tint, there may be a carving of a leaf and bird in one part. )

I'm in the bathroom of my childhood home, I notice the ceiling is covered in old toothbrushes and at least two toilet brushes, it's like they are magnetised there. There must be 20-30 items.
Later I ask a guy to take his toothbrush if it's there, as I am going to clean the ceiling. I am making soup in the kitchen and he wants to share, I don't like his presence, I feel claustrophobic with him around and tell him in as diplomatic a way as possible that he'll have to sort himself out for food. He asks me where I'm going later and I'm very vague so he can't then pretend that's where he was planning to go.

In the next scene I am sitting on a pavement with a dark purple duvet over my knees, I am completely exhausted. I seem to have just had to stop there. I guess the scene of me sitting there looks a bit like a homeless person. A young woman comes and sits with me, she is so kind and sympathetic, she tells me the body just needs to be allow to rest when it's been over-burdened, I find it hard to believe that resting is allowed or that resting will solve anything. Even though I am doing it at that moment out of the inability to overcome fatigue.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:19:30 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Toothbrushes
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:23:32 AM »
Omega - I see the first part of your dream is exploring your question as to whether life is competition or not. It can be seen as a competition because your father's sperm won the race against millions of other to reach the wonderful egg that gave you life. In many ways daily life is a competitive experience; but our inner life often shows another view - that there was no real beginning and no end point to our existence - and we are confused because our body dies and so we feel we will end with it - must we race to do all we wish or hope to do?

But you receive a white bracelet which shows a special ability or attitudes you have, which must have been from your long past because it may have been buried. It might be worth while to explore this by 'being the bracelet'. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

The second part of your dream appears to be a clean up of old worn out ways of keeping clean. You are even set on cleaning them, so it may be a task you are already involved in. That it involved the ceiling may point to it being the height or range of your imagination or your mental limit or boundary that was a bit messy.

Here is the culmination of your dreams - the sense of exhaustion. It seems to be, from the early parts of the dream, from a mixture of mental exhaustion mixed with the effort of cleaning your inner house.

If in your imagination you can let a river flow through your house - the Aegean stables method - it might be healing.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 12:23:18 PM »
Hi Tony, thanks so much for your answer.

I have had so much conflict about the 'competitive' aspect of life - mainly the covert nature, being told by religion, school, family to 'love', gladly doing so, then realising I'm the fool as everyone else is competing no holds barred, while paying lip service to not competing. Exhausting until I finally became aware of the mechanics of the game.

Then I discovered the inner competition going on within aspects of myself, and finally, I had something I could work with! At least in this dream I'm getting a reward! In being the thing, the bracelet was the importance of the material world and the joy it can bring, pretty girl things that are not just shallow but energising, also the white stone was calm emotions and peace, infinity, the carvings were the energy that art can focus into a small space. So my sense is this part of the dream is saying I get what I desire, by not rushing, by letting the others do what they feel they need to do and by I myself doing what I need to do. (However I have just started setting intentions for dreams and this night I set an intention to meet an angel or guide - so this seems to be that request being answered).

The mental exhaustion and effort of cleaning, is a quandary - I find it so difficult to get the balance between focusing on healing and then just switching off from that. Sometimes there's no choice as dreams or emotions push to the surface, but when there's a break I usually feel that now is my chance to get ahead. I know I need more nourishment and less everything else..

At this point in my life I'm keenly aware of trying to let go of goal setting, even in relation to healing and be receptive to life energies and see where it takes me..

Thanks again for your reply, it's most appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:35:30 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:09:40 AM »
Omega – Your exploration of the bracelet was a real eye opener to me, because it was real and said so much that I hadn’t seen before – so thank you.

I have been led to see that life is a dynamic play between opposites; so the competition business is very real. To stand in the middle and “finally became aware of the mechanics of the game” and stand in the middle employing both is a great skill.

Tony