Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quite a journey to catch a bus :)  (Read 4583 times)

askrede

• View Profile
Quite a journey to catch a bus :)
« on: November 26, 2015, 09:22:42 AM »
Hello Tony, and everyone :)

Yesterday I had quite a copious dream.. Where I was initially with a group of people, friends or so, and we were taking a bus together. It felt like I was in Mexico or somewhere Latin America (I was living there before).. And at one point I was seperated from the group. Then I was alone and a bit worried, and stressed being in my mind thinking I had to catch the bus but I didn't know where the busstop was.. And I had gone into an area of buildings on the right side of the street, and I knew the stop was on the left side.. I had gone a bit too far as well, then I find myself being on top of some kind of latter, but an industrial one, a bit like a long and stretched out scaffold, and I really needed to go down to get to the busstop.. While walking on the scaffold-latter, which was a bit like a flat and long escalator in the air, it became very unstable and stretched and moved while I was going down. I became afraid and ended up jumping down from the side of it, to avoid having it fall apart while I was on it.. When I hit the ground, at some point, I hit a cactus and got many thorns under my bare feet, I think on my left foot.. I continued in a rush to find the next busstop to take the bus back where I was going, at this point I realize that I believe I am being chased, and I think of worries of not being able to run quick enough due to the thorns under my feet, and I don't give myself time to remove them either, and in the rush I don't even feel that they are there.. Then I see a bar in front of me and I consider just giving up the whole thing and just entering the bar to not stress so much.. In and around this dream I was also a man, who looked a bit like a thief, who was sitting outside a sauna waiting to go in.. And he was telling me, while being him and myself at the same time, that he, in a previous life, had killed a person, and now he was worried about being caught or judged. He felt he didn't have any rights because of the bad thing he had done in another life. I felt I couldn't trust him..

I would love some insights on this adventure I went through this night, and I am very grateful of this page where I quite often look up symbolic meanings of my dreams to know myself better :)

Love, Andrea :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Quite a journey to catch a bus :)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »
Andrea – You start by being in a situation where you are comforted by having others around you. But in exploring your inner world you feel you are alone, and that is uncomfortable for you – “I had gone a bit too far as well”.

The exploring yourself alone led you to feeling fear, unstable, and as if you were not on stable ground. You are trying to understand your inner world through your experience if the outer world of bodily experience. But the rules of one to not apply to the other – they are totally different. You cannot be hurt in your dreams. You cannot drown, you can’t die in a dream, no tiger or other animal can harm you. Of course you can feel feelings of dying, or being hurt, or drowning, but they are all images you create because you feel afraid and you haven’t faced up to your fears.

Most people feel certain their body is them, and are certain that their body is who they are. But dreams have a very different view of the body. They show again and again if anyone takes the time to record their dreams over a period of time that we all have a body, a soul and a spirit. The body is in constant change and will age and die. Dreams see it as like a car that we can use to get some necessary life experiences, but the driver can leave the car and the car does not define the driver.

Your fear and uncertainty led you to try to scramble back to the view most people have of life – being normal. But the normal life is awful, full of people killing each other, climbing over the weaker ones in their rush to get more money and power, experiencing enormous emotional pain and depending on alcohol, pain killers, anti-depressants and drugs to maintain their position. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

But you did meet an important part of your inner world in the man who was also you. You did not in the end like what you saw. It is a way we try to avoid seeing who we really are. for in dreams we often create an outside person - a criminal, sexual pervert, a murderer, a down and out - who are all aspects of oneself. But these are usually not dominant parts of your nature - but even so we are all murderers because we kill or suppress parts of our self; we hold within us at the baby level a completely non moral self, for a baby has no moral judgement and is purely an instinctive being.

The past life can mean either a way of life you grew out of, or literally a life lived not by your present personality. Because your present self developed in a different body and with a different brain – but you are a recent outcrop from a very old plant/spirit. You can get more information from within you by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

askrede

• View Profile
Re: Quite a journey to catch a bus :)
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
Thank you for your insights, Tony :) They help me to see clearer and acknowledge where I am standing in this current phase of my life.. Greetings, Andrea :) :)