Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anxiety versus premonition  (Read 5846 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Anxiety versus premonition
« on: December 03, 2015, 12:07:02 AM »
Hi Tony,
I have read that premonition dreams have a different quality or feel, but I have not found that to be the case with my own dreams that contain future information. So I find it very hard to know how to process categorise dream information.

Im pulling together a few strands here, just to clarify why I might have a bit if concern right now..

Nov 6th I had a dream that I am running with some people over desert rocks at night, we decend onto the desert and three very tall women in burqas try to trap us, they are very powerful and scary. I am like a child, I scoot round them, others are confused and don't react quickly, I grab a guy by the sleeve, he's an 'office worker' and pull him and say come with me hurry. I'm now pulling him running across an expanse of white smooth flooring in darkness away from the desert and danger. Dream ends with me facing a man with a gun, a terrorist type, I have an empty shopping trolley, I imagine what a bullet will feel like hitting me, then somehow I get away.

Nov 13th I dreamt of a dark skinned woman in a black shawl, she looks like a refugee, she is wailing crying,she has a very very sick child , a boy of around 8, lying on the street. The depth of his illness shocks me and really effects me.  I wanted to help and gave her money, only to find the money was counterfeit, just photocopied money,  and I was upset I was not being of help to her.
Next day I heard of the paris attacks.

Previous to these dreams, I had a dream that on Christmas Eve, three gunmen in balaclavas, came to the place I was moving to and were powerful and threatening. I've since ended up with the same car as was in that dream, which I knew nothing about at the time. So my active concern, is that I will have more than Santa calling that night!  :-[

Edit: of course I was not physically present at the paris attacks. It's the placing of that car in the dream of Christmas Eve that seems to place me there. However in the dream I was more concerned with locking my car than running and hiding. I was quite calm. There was another man present too an artist, also unafraid. Though my sense was 'this is actually a dangerous situation'

Eargh.. I often have premonition dreams and they are a total pain, no information is better than bits of uncertain information!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:28:50 AM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Anxiety versus premonition
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 10:32:01 AM »
Omega – The examples of premonition in dreams are often extremely clear.

Example: The dream of a young Welsh girl, Eryl Mai Jone’s. She often tried to tell her mother about her dreams, but her mother tended to dismiss them. One morning, however Eryl Mai got her mother to listen to one of her dreams. In her dream, "We go to school but there is no school there; something black has come down all over it." 

She told her mother "I'm not afraid to die, Mommie. I'll be with Peter and June." When the huge slag deposit slid down on the school two days later, Eryl Mai, Peter, and June were among the 118 children crushed or buried alive in Aberfan. On October 21, 1966.

Ed. Butler’s dream is about his work scene. Each detail was real and horrifying. Shortly afterwards, Rita was burnt just as in the dream.

Example: ‘I was startled by the muffled but unmistakable sound of a nearby explosion. While unexpected, it wasn’t entirely unusual – the high energy propellants and oxidisers being synthesised and tested in the chemistry wing were hazardously unstable. When I heard the screams I froze for an instant, recognising that they could only be coming from Rita, the one woman chemist in the all male department. I rushed to the doorway of her laboratory. Peering through the smoke and fumes I saw a foot sticking out of the surrounding flames. I was only in my shirt sleeves, unprotected, not even wearing my lab coat, but I had to go into the flames. I grabbed Rita by the foot and noticed with horror that her stockings were melting from the heat. I pulled her back into the doorway and tugged at a chain that released gallons of water on her flaming body. When satisfied the fire was quenched, even though my own clothes still smouldered, I ran for the emergency phone.’ From Dream Network Bulletin, June 1985.

Here is an example of a similar dream to yours - When I went to sleep again I dreamed that I was chased by people with guns who wanted to kill me. The good thing about it is that I am "up to date" with my dreams again and that I decided to try again today. So the whole walk on the beach I imagined walking into the bullets and allowing them to hit me. When I jumped into the pool after the walk, I felt wonderfully open and I realised once again that I am just a bunch of thoughts.

This was dreamt at the time of the attacks in Paris on Friday the 13th of November, and shows it was the woman’s anxiety which were dispelled by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 10:35:38 AM by Tony Crisp »

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 02:52:21 PM »
Thank-you for your reply Tony!

I guess what is confusing me about the dream is that 'elements' are definitely manifesting, another part of that same dream I didn't mention the lady had a false leg in the corner of her room and it since turns out she's getting an operation on her leg soon, so that's now two elements of the dream that have manifest already including the car. So who are these three gunmen.. I will try more 'being the thing'

When I think about standing up to a fear, I think about willingly enduring pain and death. Better to fight and lose than to give in.. Because we can't know that we are stronger than the forces inside/outside of us..?

I guess with the rescue I wondered had I somehow crossed dimensions to help someone. With the sick child I wondered was it rather than premonition but maybe a tapping into a metaphor for the emotional experience of a country and its people.

I feel really moved by the final example where the woman walked in the beach and the being 'just a bunch of thoughts'.  So the pivotal aspect are my own anxieties and fears. I mean what a powerful powerful thing to be able to do, to integrate them and prevent them manifesting as attacking forces. That gives me solace and something to do other than worry  :). Thankyou!

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 03:47:54 PM »

Dear Omega  :)

I am glad that my story was able to "move you" and so I would like to share "the whole story" with you.

I have created my own way to practice "facing death" so that I can learn to let go and grow more easily, because death is as much a part of creation as (re)birth; http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-archetype-of-rebirth-or-resurrection/

I had been running again - facing death takes some practice - and it is this running away that I saw as the cause of the dream, although I was aware that my dream took place approximately at the same time as the attacks in Paris.
To me that time was very early in the morning; I was in Thailand, where it is 6 hours later than in Paris;

I failed to meet it last night; when I woke up in the middle of the night with restless legs and a fear (of death) which was beyond anything, I did not go through the fear to meet what is beyond it. Instead I moved my legs and "kicked it away". When I went to sleep again I dreamed that I was chased by people with guns who wanted to kill me. The good thing about it is that I am "up to date" with my dreams again and that I decided to try again today. So the whole walk on the beach I imagined walking into the bullets and allowing them to hit me. When I jumped into the pool after the walk, I felt wonderfully open and I realised once again that I am just a bunch of thoughts.

The way I practice is that although there is an incredible urge to move my legs, I am not allowed to do so ( I cannot run  ;)
This decision always arises a fear of death inside me and when I allow it and go through it, there is always "a reward" beyond it; it can for instance be a feeling of inner peace of love that is not of this world or of being open to something new, some new experience.

That night I did not manage to "face death" and so in a way I ran away.

With being "up to date" I meant that I immediately had a deep feeling understanding of what had caused the dream.
Before I had felt that my dreams were "ahead of me" and I could not link them with some event in my waking life that had triggered them.

I know it does not make a difference with what I practice:
I can practice with not running when my legs are restless.
I can practice in my dream with not running when people try to shoot me and kill me.
And when I did not manage to use either of these two opportunities, then I can create another opportunity with Power Dreaming which I did.

The feeling of being open after my practicing I liked very much and I could also relate it to part of the content of an entry Tony wrote:
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/shooting-shot/
But being shot can also indicate penetration, the breaking through your barriers of old patterns of thinking and feeling, to allow something more into your life. It may be painful but growing or being enlarged is often like that.

My practicing with Power Dreaming does show indeed how our whole being does respond to our thoughts and imagination.

Anna  :)