Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Potted plants  (Read 5400 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Potted plants
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:05:34 PM »
I am walking on a path on the crest of a tall hill, but there is a slightly urban feel.. Then up the path come three giant plant pots, red plastic, with small plants in them.. One is really big, bigger than me, the others less so, they seem to have their own movement.. One nearly tips over as It rounds the bend I instinctively go to rescue it, but then stop, reminding myself I must not get involved with what does not belong to me.. Then rubbish bins start climbing the path just as the plants did, somehow with the power of movement, I let them pass..rather surreal, no strong emotions to this part of the dream..

later on its stress dreaming, trying to find toilet with privacy, finding a shower with a deep pool of blood in the base, finally finding kids toilets and barely able to fit in the cubicle... being late, missing planes..but finding a lost musical instrument and consoling myself that that is much more valuable than the money lost on he ticket. My young nephew, so loving, saying he doesn't mind missing our trip. But I'm worried about myself for being so disorganised.

The previous night I dreamt of a man declaring his love for me. I was happy about it. I got up to make tea, a stray cat came in and I started petting it, it was very undernourished and dirty, but in the dream I reminded myself that I must stop always getting involved and helping anyone who asks me, so I stopped petting the cat and went to make tea for me and my new love. Then a huge dog appeared, like a brown Doberman, he looked very powerful, healthy and happy. I reminded myself, he could be dangerous and to treat him with a respectful distance.

In both dreams I am sort of counselling myself, knowing my tendencies and trying to change them.

Next day

(I heard the next day my nephew is unwell & in hospital & therefore may miss a family trip he was really looking forward to.. :'( )

Another dream - a kitten with a cold, sore eyes, is in my bed and is sneezing. The kitten wants a 'commitment' from me and I decide to give it. That I will be there for it... This seems to be me back-tracking on my decision in the previous night's dream..   Next night: I am standing outside a window looking in when a cat comes, the cat has been waiting especially for me, it approaches and is very loving.

Insight on any aspect of this most appreciated. Thank you Tony.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 09:48:15 AM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Potted plants
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
Omega – I see that virtually everything in a dream is actually aspects of your nature, so the cats, lover and dog are a display of your inner politics/the way your inner mind and feelings work. So your backtracking on your decisions can be a wise thing to do. I believe kittens can indicate a woman’s sexual feelings and emotions that are still developing, and may be felt as an urge to care and nurture. If you take up the challenge of responsibility you helping the maturing process of your vulnerable self.

The huge dog that appeared can represent a protective and strong instinct you have – or the appearance of a new man in your life you are or need to be suspicious of. You can be more certain by trying ‘being the dog’ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

The plant pots might be environment to grow in, and rubbish bin, which we all need to get rid of the rubbish we tend to develop inside us – mostly from what we pick up from our environment.

You immediately enter into this rubbish, your stressful feelings. Feeling stressed may often be holding back from doing something now about things that worry us.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:49:20 PM »
Thanks so much!! Once again I forget to see the dream images and characters as my own energies and aspects of myself within me...
Now I will think over the dream again.. I guess integrating the energies of the self is not all abiut acceptance, but about discrimination between what is life-giving and life-taking..

I think that is what I'm trying to sort out for myself in these dreams..
Now I will go look at it again. Thankyou for your feedback Tony, always appreciated..
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:51:20 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:43:27 AM »
Omega - Don't forget what you said about "discrimination between what is life-giving and life-taking."

Always a balancing act, and you must remember that while we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we sleep our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves over our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will takes over when we sleep.

This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will. As Freud pointed out this inner will has full access to our memories. It can do so many other things that are described else where.

This Life Will or motivator has been active for millions of years and we see it working all the time in animals. We are partly split in half because we are often opposed to what our Life Will in us wants. So the only way to express what is good for us is in dreams when our conscious will is largely passive or we are restricted by being tied down. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-lifestream/#Open

Tony
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:46:23 AM by Tony Crisp »