Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Saw a sadhu after chanting Sri Rudram before going to bed  (Read 4693 times)

adrian

• View Profile
Saw a sadhu after chanting Sri Rudram before going to bed
« on: February 05, 2016, 07:54:05 PM »
After chanting Sri rudram and chamakam,  I fell asleep. I dreams I saw a tall digambara sadhu slightly big belly, totally white with ashes smeared on body. He had long hair touching knees, matter hair big locks (may be some put on top like untidy heap).  He was able to lift and command anything with thought and sight.
I was standing along with some people.  The moment he appeared everyone got scared and turned our backs to him with fear and didnt dare to even look behind. I can't recollect if there is brightness may be..  there is. The other people with whom I was standing, reminded me several times that 'sadhu is asking you to look at him'. He is calling you, he is asking you to turn around. I was so afraid, I wasn't so sure. I could feel and be cognizant of his power and abilities exemplified by lifting anything, shattering them with just eyesight and internal mind thought.  Although he was scary, I could feel that appearance could be deceiving.
That is what I could remember.  While chanting, I did not even had imagination of sadhu baba with features like these. I felt  the appearance more like a naga sadhu after thinking a bit more after I woke up.   What could be the significance and who that could be? Is it lord Rudra himself. Is it good to see such dreams.  Thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Saw a sadhu after chanting Sri Rudram before going to bed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 01:30:29 PM »
Adrian – There is no such thing as a bad dream. You can have dreams full of fear, but that is because we are in some ways still like children, full of fears we haven’t yet faced. I used to be really scared of going up stairs because I felt there was an evil thing waiting for me. As I grew into manhood I realised that the evil thing that could get me was my own fear.

So your dream is wonderful because it shows how you are developing courage to look a god in the face. Gods I have found out are all a part of our larger awareness; and so your awareness had taken a big step.

It is in some degree a meeting with Rudra because you are becoming more aware of the mighty forces that give us life – the mighty force of nature in us. The Naga is also an expression of the enormous life force that you can learn to allow in your body – for it has to be tamed at first.

This is an important dream and you will, if you continue to chant, slowly realise more about the power you looked at as it grows in you.

Tony