Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pterodactyls  (Read 6143 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Pterodactyls
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:52:49 AM »
Hi Tony. Hope you are well. Here's a dream exerpt.

I am walking on a mountain top with a man, he seems to be a sort of acquaintance rather than close. I walk on ahead so I can focus on what I'm seeing. Signs suspended in the sky.. a circle, a crucifix, possibly made from reeds or bound branches.. I also see a rainbow 'patch' near the horizon which makes me happy and then I see pterodactyls (They are realistic but with rainbow coloured sheen on their skin) entering and leaving our dimension over head. I'm suspicious, I think it looks like bad special effects on tv, but I also accept that material reality might split in that particular way.  My feelings are just that of wanting to pay attention and understand what is going on here.

Next as I start to decend I notice wooden houses on my right, I'm going to just pass on but decide to explore. I think it's a gardening place but as I enter I see it's a beautifully decorated dwelling/summerhouse with a bed on the top level and a bed on the lower. As I pass the Lower bed I notice someone in it. A friendly guy with a phone in his hand. It seems like staff quarters now, which takes away some of the beauty of what seemed like a lovely hide-away. A group enter noisily and I leave.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:00:39 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Pterodactyls
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 12:21:31 PM »
Omega – The man probably represents a less feminine more rational minded side of you, the side that wants to pay attention and understand what is going on here.

The mountain top shows you are exploring and experiencing upper reaches of your consciousness. Don’t take much notice of the ‘higher’ and ‘lower’ reaches. It is a problem with our language – so dualistic, not so holistic. As William Blake stated, “There was no lower nature in man in the sense of being inferior”.  He felt that one must find some sort of harmonious relationship with what is called the highest and lowest in man.  He said, “Man has no body distinct from his Soul; for that called Body is a portion of Soul, discerned by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.” See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/william-blake-psychologist/

The suspicion, that made you think it looks like bad special effects on TV maybe due to the strange images we are fed by the media. Taking a hallucinogen produces the effect of getting rid of the barrier between our ‘normal’ awareness and the dream state, so that we live in the real virtual reality of dreams – which can appear as crazy if we are not used to journeying in it.

It might help if you realise that just as your eyes do not directly allow you to see, but nerve impulses are sent to the brain where they are translated into living pictures. Nothing we sense in the world is directly known, but it is all impressions that are translated into a sense of smell, sight, hearing, etc. So the eye receives reflected light from an object that is translated into nervous impulses, which is then received by the brain which translates what are formless nerve impulses into what we feel we see.

So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses – we do not have other impression to go on. The pterodactyls are used over and over on TV and films suggesting that the primeval past has broken through into our ‘world’. The circle, crucifix, possibly made from reeds or bound branches, suggests an ancient sense of Christianity, prior to the formalisation of the Catholic Church.

The bed on the top level and a bed on the lower seems to me to again look at the confusion we have with the top and the bottom – the boss man and the employee – the man and the woman.

It seems from the dream you ascended then descended. Then by touching more consciousness you are seeing opportunities to enter the ancient aspects of you. So it might be a revelation to BE the bound branches and the pterodactyls.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »
Thankyou!

..for the reminder on the amazing work of Blake, I must find more.

'Nothing we sense in the world is directly known..' Wow

Cross - I am natural order, harmony. I am seeing this world on earth. Action. I'm alive.
Circle - I am natural order, harmony, receptivity. I am wonder. I'm alive.
Makes me think of the male and female and the scientific symbols for them.

Pterodactyl - I am freedom from the rational. I am imagination. Power.

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 04:48:41 PM »
Last night another dream on a mountain top. This time I am a Native American Indian, with lots of others, we have just fled to the mountain top. A senior scout comes back and is silent. That worries me, I go look myself and a huge army of British soldiers in dark blue uniforms, crisp, new, in perfect formation is at the other side. Some young men with me, throw a few kitchen knives down at them, with limp wrists, listlessly, it's all over, I go back and say nothing, if we are to be slaughtered, better that it happen without forewarning.

I wonder is the mountain top setting related between the two dreams? It was very similar.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:51:17 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
 Omega – I believe that the symbols of the Cross and the Circle were originally crude reminders for what was felt and known by our long forebears. You’ve got it - I am natural order, harmony. I am seeing this world on earth. Action. I'm alive. Circle - I am natural order, harmony, receptivity. I am wonder. I'm alive.

The British Army – so what. A frail crazy woman stopped an English army. Her name was Jeanne d'Arc, "The Maid of Orléans". She had the cross and the circle living in her – alive and radiant.

The fight is inside you, and do not be afraid of numbers. Here is a man’s description of a similar plight.

Example: He now led me to a side entrance to the right of the building front. A big door opened as he approached, as if done by a magic eye. Suddenly he nimbly ran in and did something so that two huge granite doors at least a foot thick began to close me in. The Jew watched with pleasure at my plight.

My indecision stopped me acting decisively. I could easily have run back. Instead I hesitated and saw the doors close on me. I could see the Jew hoped I was to be imprisoned for good, buried alive between these huge granite slabs. But somehow I released the vibration - sound - a hymn that flows through my body at night. In a way that I cannot properly describe, it made the doors powerless to trap me. Also it penetrated to the very core of the building. In the dream that seemed very significant, but I do not know in waking why.

Let the hymn of Life flowing through you call out.

See https://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=C111GB977D20150226&p=Joan+or+Arc

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 01:16:03 PM »
Very inspiring...Thank-you Tony.

..well I've once been close to being Joan of Arc.
As a child in primary school I was offered the lead role in the school play performing as Joan of Arc but I gave it to a girl who I heard really wanted it, to be kind, to self-sacrifice.  In retrospect, by stepping aside I was just following the programming I'd received to always put myself last, even if that meant compromising my sense of what was 'true' or 'right' for a moment or situation.

In the Native American Indian dream, I was definitely a bit passive, a 'group member' it didn't occur to me to be a leader. I was a man in my 30s/40s.. we all had this same energy, in our buckskin clothes, we didn't have much fight or energy, it was like our society had lost its vigor. The knives were butter knives, like we had become too domestic, not the knives of warriors.

So somehow in my dreams, in my life..I need to step into power?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:41:52 PM by Omega »