Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lion's Den  (Read 6089 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
Lion's Den
« on: May 27, 2016, 10:13:00 AM »
Well I am up about an hour early this morning, but I just awoke from a very vivid and interesting dream, and wanted to share and see your thoughts.
I was placed in charge of a lion exhibit.  There were roughly 10 lions. The den was largely surrounded by glass, so people could see in.  May have been a zoo but that was not said.  There was an old woman caretaker and she explained the ropes to me.  I was to be responsible for feeding the lions, and interestingly enough, we fed them grains that basically had to be hand fed to them.  There were others there to help.  She explained to me in detail the process-wait until they are all hungry.  She had a system for monitoring the hunger level of each lion.  Enter one by one, and do not make too many quick or hurried movements because it could startle them and they could attack.  Approach each lion individually and sprinkle a handful of grains in front of it to eat.  After this was completed and they were all eating it was safe to leave again.  She explained to me in secret that she kept a .40 caliber with a single silver bullet in it for emergencies.  She said if a lion attacked someone to get it and not be afraid to use it.  The only trouble was it was only a single shot, so if multiple lions were attacking I would have to reload between shots.
We fed the lions and all went well.
The following day we went back, I brought an interested friend with me, an old roommate of mine.  I explained to him the procedure and we went in.  When feeding his first lion he was careless and kind of threw the grain at it.  It showed teeth and nipped at his hand, although he barely seemed to notice.  Then another started showing teeth.  I had given him instructions on where to meet me once the lions were eating and we would go out together.  I was waiting in this location after I did my feeding, and he approached me.  I noticed that the lions were following him and that I had picked a poor location to meet, as we were down in a valley and up against the glass wall.  We were cornered and going to be their lunch.  For a brief moment I was accepting of my fate and I thought, "wow I can't believe I'm going to die being eaten by lions".  There was never any intense fear involved anywhere in this dream.  He was still oblivious to the danger.  I quickly moved to a door in the glass wall, and while it was only a last ditch effort as I assumed the door would be locked, it turned out to be open.  We escaped with one lion pushed right up against the glass.  I explained to him where he screwed up and what he needed to do next time. 
The old care taker woman showed up, and I explained everything that happened.  She said we were extremely lucky.  I told her that I was still willing to do the job, but from now on I would be more serious and detailed when explaining the instructions.

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Lion's Den
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 12:29:18 AM »
Mikey,  Thank you for sharing this!  There was so much detail and so much wisdom in the dream.  I really enjoyed reading it.  Christine

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »
Mikey – What a dream, a learning dream, a dream of instruction. Also a dream stating a truth.

The truth is that we are all primeval beasts because most of humanity have not met and integrated their animal rage against anything that threatened their existence. The rage of explosive animal fear, fear of being destroyed, fear that gives the energy to rend or kill anything that threatens. Can you see how, out of this roaring fear, still in us humans, so much violence, hate, war, carnage arises in the world?

The lions are both enormous strength when harnessed or the beast in you that has a healthy fear of much that goes on in today’s world. Fear is a guardian that protected ancient beast from uncountable dangers for millions of years. Yes, there were so many real dangers that fear gave us the strength to run from or to fight and kill. Yes, the healthy beast still feels fear as it looks out of its eyes as modern man. It must not be crushed or repressed. Gradually it will grow and fear less. Given the time, you can let it grow slowly beyond its fear into regal strength.

You keep your lions in a glass enclosure – glass because you have learnt how to look within. The woman is the synthesise of all mothering and caring for all creatures, and so knows them all intimately. She is an expression from your usually unconscious inner world.

She suggests feeding them grains/seeds. Seeds - the wheat seed - corn - the seed of life and death - food, everything is a seed. Everything starts from a seed, a grain, and the lions are fed something that has the power of growth.

The difficulty for human beings is that as an unconscious animal – a lion - the forces working blindly and universally through nature could be lived out blindly and unquestioningly. But with self-awareness the question can be asked - What Am I? Can you accept you are an animal that has amazingly achieved self-awareness? Can you see that as a human animal you are something that can either grow in awareness or simply believe that as a human you are already the king of the castle – yet the castle is a defence against the shitty world we are a part of?

The man you took with you is probably the part that was raised on the old paradigm/belief system. There is a belief system that millions of people are in the grip of in a way that controls them, imprisons them, and denies them their full potential. It is generally called the paradigm of the western mind. It could also be called the worldview or even the religion of most western people – religion because actually it is a belief system. However, if you asked most people in the streets of western cities about it they would not say they believed in what is being called a paradigm, they would insist it is reality. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-paradigm/

Or perhaps you could feel like a powerful animal. One that is not holding himself back in regard to his fellow creatures. You would be ready to fight, play, love, laugh. All the different bits of you are available. The question you might ask yourself is, how do you get people to feel it - that basic animal experience of oneself. The wonderful experience of existing, of being alive with all the powers of a living creature - physical strength, emotions of anger, tenderness, passion and sexual excitement, awe and wonder in meeting life and the stars?

Tony

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 05:09:17 PM »
Very interesting Tony!

Mikey22

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 01:36:25 AM »
Thanks Tony. Was a very elaborate dream.  Your input helps a great deal.  I think the dream was in response to a particular emotional behavior that I struggle with, I had managed to not get out of control the night before but I teetered on the edge for sure.
 Not sure what to make of the gun with a single shot silver bullet.  Any thoughts on that?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »
Mikey – I didn’t say anything about the single shot 40 calibre revolver because I couldn’t get a fix on it. My only feelings/thoughts on it are the silver bullet is a great thing in horror films and is used as the only thing to kill what evil is confronting you. I guess the reload is about recharging – taking the gun firing as a discharge of energy, then it would take time to gain energy once more.

Tony