Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shaman dream in the cave  (Read 5370 times)

Ocellatus

• View Profile
Shaman dream in the cave
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:45 AM »
Hi everyone. I hope you can help me to understand what my dream is about.

Last night I had a dream where a native american shaman visited me. Physically he has a south american looking with a bare upper body with accessoires, very cheerful, positive and humorous character. He wasn't old, he had dark hair not too long not too short.
 I was in a dark cave where there is a lake inside. I was swimming in the dark water and when I try to see what's inside the water with my one eye, the shaman popped out and asked my help. He asked my help because he was stuck in this world and has to go further. I agreed to help him and while doing that we were in a room separated by panels. But after investigating together with the shaman, we discovered that there is a secret mechanism which is opening a gate when you move the panels. After the dream I had that feeling of actually I was the one who is stucked in this world and I was the one who need help and the shaman was there to help me. So if there is anyone who is knowledgeable and willing to help me I appreciate any help.
Warm regards
Alper
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:38:03 AM by Ocellatus »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Shaman dream in the cave
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:40:41 AM »
Alper – You asked help in understanding your dream – I can give indications, but you are the only one who can really experience what your dream tells you. Also I see that your dream says something quite different to the conclusion you reached afterwards.

The symbols of any dream, yours for instance, are all expressions of everyday experiences you can experience. It depends what you mean you wrote, “to go further spiritually.” Life itself is a spiritual experience, but maybe you wish for more awareness of the wonder you are.

So the shaman in dreams in understanding him is that usually we are not dreaming about that actual person but a living image of them formed by your memories, impressions, events lived with them and even your intuitions about them. Such memories are living parts of us and influence us inwardly, so we put them in our dreams. But many characters in dreams are not people you have ever met or known. So you can’t look back on them and ask yourself what you observed or felt about them. In such cases it is most helpful to imagine yourself as that character and describe who you are, exactly as you are and how you act in the dream – as the dream character. As an example of this, one character in a dream I had, an old man, was dying. He was nobody I knew. When I imagined myself as him and described what I felt, and what was happening to me, it was clear he represented the experience I was facing at the time. I was letting my old life, a phase of my life, my old self, die. This was difficult but it was happening, and the dream helped me clarify what I was facing. Try using - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

So your shaman is not a magical spirit guide, but whatever you have taken in about a shaman, which you can gather by being him as he is in your dream – someone who wants your help. Also he/you, for every dream character reflects aspects of yourself, wants to go further – something you can do by actually developing the ability to dive deeper into yourself by using Being the Character or Thing. It might also help to read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

The dark cave and swimming in the dark water shows you already have the ability to enter a wider awareness – but it is only just emerging shown by it darkness. The things experienced in dreams take place in the deep parts of your awareness, the place of your inner growth. For example, while you were a child you already had within you the possibilities of becoming a teenager and an adult, but the awareness of those things was deep within you. You are a creature of change and growth and the plan of your physical growth was already in you, but your growth as a person is also in you but has to be a personal decision to face. So you see the possibilities of this in your dream – in a dark place – so a dream is something that comes from a deep part of you; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. So often dreams are not recognised for their full meaning until later – sometimes months or even longer.

Remember that the processes of Life grew you – a mysterious and wonderful thing Life – yet it is taken for granted. It is the mystery and ordinary of living.

Of course you/the shaman are stuck in the world. The feeling of being stuck comes from not recognising or being aware that you are Everything, but you have either closed or not opened the gates/doors to your many possibilities. Yet again you find how to do this by when you move the panels, so you are on the way beyond stuckness – perhaps you can be the gate and bring to awareness how to do it in waking life.

Perhaps it will help to read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:42:55 AM by Tony Crisp »

Ocellatus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »
Hi Tony,
I really appreciate your time and comments on my dream. It brings me a different perspective that I didn't think about it before. Especially the part that actually I am the shaman and what I may seek for. I will think about what you wrote and hopefully will come to a conclusion.
I will copy your answer and check out the links. Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day!
Alper

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:33:10 AM »
Thank you too.

Tony