Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream, but no answers  (Read 5309 times)

Joshua

• View Profile
Dream, but no answers
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:05:28 PM »
Hello all, I would like to first say that this site is very informative and enjoying to read.

Yesterday night, I had a very vivid dream about my cousin who tragically passed last year.  He got into an argument with his girlfriend while she was driving at night on a highway.  He ended up getting out of the car and attempted to walk home. 

He tragically got ran over while walking, don't know if he did it himself or if the semi was hugging the inside lane..it was at night.  Last night in my dream I found myself in this very dark place.  It was scary and weird.  It was outside along a town road, with drunk people to what i assume stumbling around, and I was with my brother and he was in his truck waiting on me to get in. 3 guys ended stumbling to the truck and started urinating on the side of it. We both start yelling, and to my surprise my cousin turns around smiling at me.  I started yelling to my brother telling him I see our cousin, but knew it wasn't possible being he is deceased.  My brother could not see him.  My cousin again smiled and told me to follow him and lets talk.  I freaked out knowing he is deceased and refused and woke up gasping for air.

I feel ashamed for not communicating, what if he had something to share to me.  I want to get back into that dream and talk to him. Why was I so scared? I believe in life after death and had a few good vivid dreams of my deceased friend.  I was more aware in this dream than any other. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joshua

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Dream, but no answers
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 09:07:45 AM »
I have had lots of dreams with deceased people communicating with me or showing me something about myself. 

The important thing is to cultivate the feeling of welcoming your cousin in your dreams and being open to hearing and interacting with him.  Try not to focus on feeling ashamed or berating yourself for feeling scared.

The fact that you could see him and your brother could not, and your cousin knows this, might imply that you have a gift that your brother does not or that he is choosing you for a reason.

Sometimes when we dream about people, it is a reflection of a part of us.  So you might ask yourself if you are like your cousin in any way.

I am 57, and in my early 20's a close cousin, whom I admired very much, died mysteriously in her sleep.  Her family told everyone she died from a stomach aneurysm and they refused to order an autopsy.  I always suspected suicide or an unintentional mixing of alcohol and pills.  Not trusting what I was told and not being certain of the truth still bothers me. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:28:40 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:06:50 AM »
Joshua – Being more aware in your dream than in any others is a sure sign a shift has taken place in your dream, maybe you were lucid or on the way to achieving it. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/lucid-dreaming/

Why were you so scared? I see that belief is different to conviction. I believed in life after death from the age of 11, but when I came face to face with it I had a secret terror of death. We are complicated beings. A modern view of the personality says that our mind is made up of many modules which are quite distinct. These modules, such as the sexual drive and the ability to speak, usually function in a way which is reasonably integrated. But many areas of dissimilarity are evident if we closely observe the workings of our own responses to life experiences. Actions arising from a module of oneself which does not express our accepted self-image, may give rise not only to fear, but sometimes a sense of evil, or being possessed by evil.

My sense of your dream is that recently you had been wanting or thinking that you would like to communicate with your dead cousin. At least it was at the back of your mind, a very powerful mental state.

Your brother is a part of your inner world. Many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they are what makes you the person you are.  The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. I guess he represents a worldly person who lacks the sensitivity to the world of the dead; in fact, your own doubts – “My brother could not see him.” Dream images are ways of communicating via our associations, and do not represent actual things or people. In the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream.

As I said, you were yourself in a new level of awareness, being new you were stumbling around in it, trying to adapt to it. The dark and scary place was a shift to a new dimension, the land of the dead. So what happens when I meet the dead? Well, you are now in the dimension of the dream. As such you experience, as in dreams, surroundings and people and animals that appear as external and solid. You will usually see yourself in the body you experienced in life, and you may feel as if you have woken for the first time because your mind, your awareness is super alert.

Drunk has many meanings in dreams, but often, as may be the so in your case, it means the spirit entered you, “'I will pour out my spirit upon every sort of flesh, and your sons and your daughters will prophesy and your young men will see visions and your old men will dream dreams."

You were actually faced with the experience of death, and were afraid. Don’t worry, it will change as young grow used to the new level of vision. I too was gasping for air and could hardly breathe.

These thought are simply said, hopefully, to guide you. But they are my thoughts. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony

Joshua

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 02:43:21 PM »
Thank you both for your reply.  Christine, I too question if his death was a suicide or a accident.  He was intoxicated at the time. 

I too feel that this was a lucid dream.  Prior to the dream I felt myself in a dark space levitating up, panicking, that was all I remembered which led to my dream. 

I've tried many times to practice OBE techniques and/or lucid dreaming.  Perhaps this was my first real experience.  I hope to have this experience again soon and become more aware of it's possibilities.

Thank you both
Joshua

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 02:39:49 AM »
Tony mentioned that alcohol changes consciousness.  That is good to remember when we think of our cousins.  In a way they were not themselves when they died.

I had one major OBE experience as a teenager, and some while dreaming.  I was 13 or 14 and camping with some girlfriends in a tent in one of their backyards.  I thought I was sleeping, or maybe I was in the state between wakefulness and sleep.  I was lifted up...I could feel it and was too afraid to open my eyes...I stopped moving...opened my eyes and was up in the stars.  I went to sit up and glanced down at the yard, the house and the neighborhood.  I felt scared and woke up.  The next day my friends parents told us the house across the street was robbed.  I thought it was odd because I did not see anything from above.

I have had telepathy as well...especially with people who were being false with me at the time and/or in a dangerous situation.

I have not tried to initiate or control the OBE's or telepathy...not yet anyway.