Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dead or Sleeping Black Something  (Read 5281 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Dead or Sleeping Black Something
« on: September 23, 2016, 08:48:23 AM »
A black fluffy or feathery animal lying on a black table.  I see either a shiny black beak or claw poking out of it.

(The day prior to the dream, I had given someone some advice on a health related Facebook page.  Immediately after writing it I wondering if I was rude, if the recipient would be offended or upset. I felt anxiety and panic.  I decided I should apologize to him. The next day, the day of the dream, before I had a chance to follow up with him, he had sent a message to thank me.  I realized this is a pattern with me, probably the result of passive aggressive parents.)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dead or Sleeping Black Something
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »
Chris – You are obviously self-aware, shown by your linking the dream with previous experience, and then realising the connection with your own past. Have you seen http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/self-observation/

The dream appears to me to be about a bird trying to become born to your awareness.

“In general the bird in your dream can depict imagination, intuition, the mind, freedom from restraints, thoughts or hidden wishes or hopes, or your longings to move beyond limitations or boundaries, or even love or a lover. Because the word is sometimes used to indicate a woman, it can have that meaning – i.e. a ‘bird’.”

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:26:31 AM »
I am pretty sure it was a raven, as me, or the negative side of my father, as you wrote, which is also part of me.

After the raven dream, I dreamt of a tall white man and other white humans behind him walking towards me.

Last night's short dream...I am in a tall old fashioned stone office building...probably from the 1950's or 1960's...it is on the corner of Main Street and Front Street in the city in which I was born...I go into the corner office on one of the upper floors...it is mine...out of the window I can see city hall and the public square around it...everything in the office is black...I am going through the drawers to see if I left anything of mine there...there is nothing...someone else will come in to replace me and fill up the black drawers with his or her things.

A tall man comes in, I am not sure but I think he is white and wearing a black business suit.  He says "You will have safety when you get used to it."

I walk out into the public square and at the corner I see my things, from the office, strewn on the sidewalk.

(Yesterday I realized that, at the bottom of everything, there are some things I can not change about myself and that is also true for others.  There are some things they cannot change about themselves.)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 02:07:12 PM »
Chris – That may be true, but there are many things that one can change, and I have found that these changes can reach into the dark places and bring a different response to the unchanging.

The sentence, “You will have safety when you get used to it,” is one of those powerful statements which can mean the change will bring you peace when you adjust to or acclimatise to it – or something like that.

“To see if I left anything of mine there...there is nothing...someone else will come in to replace me and fill up the black drawers with his or her things” seems, if we can accept that most dreams are all about us, it is about a change that will fill up the darkness in you with new experience.

In September 26th 1968 I wrote - All these things are the very causes of my despair, unhappiness and unrest. I only hope that they will pass from me in time, and Liberation of some degree occur. More than ever I see that it is not by doing anything that we reach peace. It already is, has always been, is interwoven with the fabric of all that we are. We cannot strive for it, for it already is, I can only realise that I have woven the causes of my pain into myself.

I took time and actually experiencing the ‘causes of my pain’ I had woven into me, to find freedom from myself. It started as described in http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 10:27:42 AM »
An afterthought - In nature radical change can happen when ones very being is given over to the forces of change - as in caterpillars going into a liquid as they transform in the chrysalis into butterflies.

Physically we cannot do that, but psychologically we can. But we have to face our fears of  our losing our 'self' - the fear of death.

It is all described in Laing's book, The Politics of Experience and The Bird of Paradise.

Tony