Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about a Whale  (Read 3988 times)

DO89

• View Profile
Dream about a Whale
« on: September 24, 2016, 04:51:47 AM »
Hello!

I always have random dreams, but nothing of significance. Last night however, I had dream that really got to me and kept wondering what it mean. I dreamt that I had a found a whale that had some sort of sharp object lodged in one of its flippers, and it looked like it had been there for a very long time. In the dream, I decided to remove the trapped sharp object from the flipper and the whale returned back to the water. A few moments later, it looked like the whale was in a lot of pain and it kept smacking its upper-body on the beach ground as if it was almost self-murder. I have heard of animals committing suicide, and when it comes to whales/dolphins they strand usually them selfs out of the water, but Iv never heard of them banging their bodies to death (I could be wrong though...)

Its an unusual and dreadful dream, but I would like to know the significance of it if there is any.

Thanks!  :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about a Whale
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 10:40:45 AM »
DO89 – The last dream you posted I suggest that, “The heart pounding and waking up is the cause of the dream, not the dream images, which are simply a way of ‘waking you up’ to inner difficulties you are facing. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

I take it you did not read or try to understand what was communicated. Sorry if I am being the hard teacher, but you write about this present dream as if it was in the waking world. Not the dream world. The whale bashing itself to death has nothing to do with whales in waking life, but it is a painful reminder of what you are doing to yourself.

Remember that all dream images and events are representing/symbolising things about you, and have nothing to do with your physical living – but everything to do with the world you live in all the time - We all have an inner world that is quite distinct from the outer world we encounter with our physical senses. It is the world we meet when we have an emotional reaction, an idea, or close our eyes and live in our fantasies, imagination or dreams – the world of our own consciousness or awareness. Most people are so focussed upon what they see outside of them they have no clue of their inner world.

People take the views of the outer world – created by their inner world – as the truth. Yet the most powerful influence on the outer ‘real’ world is their inner world.

Your dream is about a huge life process that you have glimpsed through the symbol of your dream. But such images are like icons on a computer screen - You have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills. To do this you can use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/#DreamMeaning or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

To say that you have set in motion, by the use of your life energy, your life decisions and actions, something that will destroy a huge and vital part of you, is a mild way of saying it. Every living thing has basic functions that are part of the life process for physical survival. We also have an inner life which also has basic functions in order to remain healthy. But the most important of these remain unknown/unconscious to our personality/you. So all the enormous parts that go on spontaneously like heartbeat, digestion are out of your personal awareness – yet they are HUGE like a whale. So the human personality – the You that you call yourself, with a name, is only a tiny thing.

What you have done to bring this enormous part of you to such pain I can only guess. But a basic thing is that we forget how much we owe to this enormous mystery – Life – that keeps us working, and how little we know about it and so act against it, is a possible reason. The energy it has put into letting you know deserves as much energy from you to gain an understanding. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony