Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Strange dream  (Read 6085 times)

johanna

• View Profile
Strange dream
« on: October 12, 2010, 01:26:54 AM »
Hi,
last night I had a dream I can't stop thinking about. It started with me meeting a man (or rather a boy of about 17 - I'm 25) that I don't recognize, but in the dream we knew each other. We were sitting on a couch at a café and for some reason I tried to kiss him, but instead of kissing me back, he spat me in the face. I ran out of the café to take a bus home. At the bus stop, there was a trash bin with a dead fox and a dead crow in it.
Any ideas of what this means?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:02:23 PM by Tony Crisp »

ginnie18

• View Profile
Re: Strange dream
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »
Johanna
Your dream sounds as though it is full of meaning, and I hope you don't mind me putting in what I think.
I'm not too sure about the boy rejecting the kiss, but I do know that to dream of dead birds indicates disappointment. It normally means that you are worrying about something that is constantly on your mind. If you kill a fox in your dreams, then you have overcome fears of trouble and arguments etc. As you found the fox already dead, perhaps it means somebody has helped you overcome the threats of trouble?

Hope this helped, I'm sure Tony shall have a much better explanation than I do

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Strange dream
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »
Ginnie – Well the fact that you knew the man/boy seems to indicate this is part of your nature. I need to remind you that - In the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream. Therefore our sexual drive may be shown as a person and how we relate to them; something that haunts our memory shown as a ghost or demon. Our feeling of ambition might thus be portrayed as a business person in our dream - our changing emotions as the sea or a river; while the present relationship we have with our ambition or emotions is expressed in the events or plot of the dream.

So I feel you offered love, and that is a very powerful thing – but you didn’t get the response you expected. Then you ran away.

I have to guess what the young man represents, unless you get into him and tell me otherwise. He is probably the outgoing male side of you. I know the feeling of rejecting love, it comes from being confronted by something so painful. For instance I had acne so badly I rejected women because I could not bare anybody to be near me. I thought they would feel sick. But your rejection is one that expresses something else, and if you put into words spitting in your face, what would it be?

Then when you do not return you are faced by death and trash can. In other words, a dead end.

So try facing the boy/man and try a different approach. Try being him and understand his response. Try talking with him. Anything, but do not give up, because you will be giving up on yourself. Perhaps your attempt at love was one put off to easily. After all it is you you are trying to love.

Tony