Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not sure what to think!  (Read 4592 times)

Becbar32

• View Profile
Not sure what to think!
« on: September 30, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »
In my waking life, I've had 5 surgeries all for different medical reasons. I'm 32 and all of them started when I was 19 years old. In all that time, I've never dreamt of surgery or anything entailing it.
My dream, I had, involved me some how having a cut on my mid section, that I didn't do myself, it was close to my right side, well this cut in actual life is there from previous surgery. In my dream, I remember thinking to myself, oh my goodness how did this happen? Then I felt something trying to poke out, not sure why but I began to feel around, then I found something, then I proceed to pull out what looked like black long pointy plastic or wood sticks, I continued to do this, with no pain at all, a little disgust though, wondering why I was doing this. I didn't like doing, but felt as if, there is no pain, so why shouldn't I continue til it was all out. I thought I should go to the hospital after I was done though. I finished, there was numerous of the black sticks, I'm not sure who but remember saying to a person, look I pulled these out and I'm fine. I do remember being concerned after pulling them out about the cut healing properly cause I was pulling things out of it. There was no blood, the sticks were sorta wet. I'm not sure what to think of this dream, I've never had a dream like this about pulling things out of my body. Sorta gives me the hebeeee geebeessss. :-\ :o :-[

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Not sure what to think!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:01:29 AM »
Bebar32 – Having floated around and explored the inner world we all have but are mostly unaware of, I see in your dream that you carry stuff inside you that you have no clue about unless you dream of it. In a similar way we do not really know who or what we are.

As I say to people often, “The human personality – the You that you call yourself, with a name, is only a tiny thing. It is moved and tossed around by all manner of drives, ambitions, emotions, fears, temptations, worries, love and desire with its pains and hopes.” We are in reality like a small bubble floating on the enormity of the sea. The sea is what is often called the unconscious, but is like an enormous mind. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/

The black sticks are an image depicting something that was left in you probably during the operation. I do not mean an object, but memories kept hidden because of the anaesthetic. Dream images are like icons on a computer screen - You have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills. One way of doing this is by using - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Here is a short description of a man using that sort of exploration of a dream image – “Then I lived through the operation on my nose, and it felt as if my whole nose filled with blood. Afterwards I saw that the operation had left a deep fear in me, because prior to the operation I had begged the nurses to stop, yet despite my abject begging, they carried on. It left in me a fear and distrust of people, who can carry on torturing you.”

I am not saying yours is similarly, but the black stick may represent growth that was stopped and so died – just me guessing.

But you feel the hebeeee geebeessss because you experienced previously unconscious part of you, and most people are somehow scared of meeting LIFE in them. For it is the Life action that tries to rid us of the things that need healed – of course when we, our personality, our ego, is strong enough to meet them. Many people run in great fear as Life opens them up to themselves.

To give an example of the fear some people have of their wider awareness - Dr. Karagulla, a famous neurologist, in her book Breakthrough to Creativity, has described an experiment she made with two doctors. To test heightened sensory perception, she blindfolded one of the doctors and gave him a photograph. It was a medical picture of a pregnant woman. He was asked to pass his fingertips over the photograph and report any impressions and sensations. At this the other doctor began to protest that what she was asking was not possible. But at this point the blindfolded doctor began to speak of impressions which vividly described the picture he held. The other doctor began to protest so violently, and began to feel so ill, the experiment had to be terminated. 

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Not sure what to think!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 12:49:15 PM »
When I have dreamt of black sticks, rope or lines it has meant negative attachments, so the fear that Tony mentioned makes sense.  Because of your physical history, you may have less of a fear of death, being out of control, etc. than most people.