Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreaming you are dreaming  (Read 3954 times)

clairedugan97

• View Profile
Dreaming you are dreaming
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:48:54 PM »
I read a post today about dreams within dreams on this site and realized I was having the same experience.  I've been dealing with these strange false awakenings since I got to college.  So far, I've had several and I'm very curious about what they could really mean.

In the first one, I'm waking up in my dark dorm room to the sounds of a little girl talking. (Before I go on, I might add that on our floor there is rumor about a ghost girl named Wanda who killed herself a while back.)  In this dream, at which I feel oddly conscious, I am realizing that she is the ghost of Wanda and I ask her if her name is thus so to which she replies yes.  That's all I remember before waking up again in my still very dark dorm.  I was also more aware of the bed I was lying in.
       Another dream I experienced was when I took a nap in my dorm, only this time it was mid-morning and the room was light.  I dreamt of waking up in the same bed again, but to my strange amusement, I could hear, very clearly, the sounds of voices and laughter.  People, along with my roommate, were walking into the room and as I sat up from the bed, they were all sitting and talking in a circle.  I didn't question it, I just went back to sleep.  As I awoke again, I sat up and my roommate and her friends were gone.  The dream had felt too vivid and I questioned the reality of it.  At one point during the day I even asked my roommate if she had brought friends over earlier to which she had said no.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreaming you are dreaming
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:29:40 AM »
Claire – Dreams are all taking place in your dream world, a very different world than your waking world. Dreams show what is happening in your mind and emotions – not often your body - in very graphic drama. So do not judge what the experienced by waking experience standards.

Also, I believe a dream is a complete summarised expression of our personality, with all its likes, dislikes, fears, beliefs and convictions, as well as a non-personality experience; a bodiless, formless – yet it is our creative centre, beyond time and space. So our dreams come from a formless cause, but to be understood by our brain, our personality, we clothe the dream with images and drama which is an attempt to understand. The images or scenes are things we unconsciously take in and we build certain ideas or meanings around them.

Also whether awake or asleep, we can experience dreaming while awake. Like dreams while asleep, we must realise that the images we see are just emotions, thoughts, fears. traumas, ideas and feelings projecting out of you and appearing as images, people or scenes outside you on the screen of your mind.

We can only untangle this mixture by actually exploring the associations we have with the dream images. Everything we see or hear during the day we form associations with – even the association of disinterest. When I was working on the new site design, the designer said to me, “What’s the point of dreams – they don’t mean anything do they”. I noticed he had a T-shirt on that looked as if had been used quite a lot. So I said to him, “What about that T-shirt? If you dreamt of it what would you think it meant?”
He said it wouldn’t mean anything. So then I asked he where he had got it and what memories were attached to it. He said he had got it in America, but when pressed to explain his memories he refused to answer, looking embarrassed.
The girl’s voice you heard doesn’t mean you contacted a dead girl. Dreams can create anything you fear or wish for. Also they occur in a dimension beyond time and space, and judging dreams by the way we experience time and space put us in a mixture. Remember, time and space did not exist at the start of the Big Bang – but we take it as if it is the way things will always be.
When my wife and I ran a guest house, someone put around a rumour that the house was haunted by an old woman. I had never heard the story before, but that night a very nervous man was woken during the night by seeing the ghost of an old woman. I feel certain we can create such dreams – although you might be able to dream about a dead person if you knew them. So it is difficult to decide whether you dreamt it because you had been told about a suicide, or whether you did have a contact.
As you said, “I sat up and my roommate and her friends were gone.  The dream had felt too vivid and I questioned the reality of it.  At one point during the day I even asked my roommate if she had brought friends over earlier to which she had said no.”

Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/hallucinations/

Tony