Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marriage Dream  (Read 3785 times)

imr_7352002

• View Profile
Marriage Dream
« on: October 15, 2016, 04:13:29 AM »
Dear All, I dreamt at around 4:30 am today that I have married my wife's youngest sister. At the event, I am quite happy and excited, I can see my wife as well with some concern but generally I feel a lot of energy and satisfaction, joking and mingling with guests. Kindly interpret, my wife is alive and I have no such intentions, however, dreams are complex and may address some arising issues thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Marriage Dream
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 09:32:07 AM »
IMR – It depends what you associate with you wife’s youngest sister. As I don’t know that I can’t do a good guess at the meaning.

Associations are the real way to understand the language of dreams. Everything we see during the day we form associations with – even the association of disinterest. When I was working on the new site design, the designer said to me, “What’s the point of dreams – they don’t mean anything do they”. I noticed he had a T-shirt on that looked as if had been used quite a lot. So I said to him, “What about that T-shirt? If you dreamt of it what would you think it meant?” He said it wouldn’t mean anything. So then I asked he where he had got it and what memories were attached to it. He said he had got it in America, but when pressed to explain his memories he refused to answer, looking embarrassed.

You can use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson to find out.

But a modern view of the personality says that our mind is made up of many modules which are quite distinct. These modules, such as the sexual drive and the ability to speak, usually function in a way which is reasonably integrated. But many areas of dissimilarity are evident if we closely observe the workings of our own responses to life experiences. Because we each hold certain ideas about ourselves – our self-image – things we do which do not express this self-image may shock or even frighten us. Actions arising from a module of oneself which does not express our accepted self-image, may give rise to a sense that this dream image doesn’t apply to me.

I know from helping many people explore their dreams, that we do not know who we are, all we know is a small area of ourselves.

My guess is that you have undeclared feelings for the woman, and so you dream them and thus release them safely given the present social attitudes.

Tony