Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My 16 year old son has had very bad dreams for 2 weeks straight.  (Read 3345 times)

Luckeybug

• View Profile
Okay my 16 year old son told me tonight that he has been having horrible dreams for the past 2 weeks. He is a very intelligent and sentive young man who excellence in school. You could tell they are bothering him because of the emotion his face showed when he was talking to me. The one that really upset him was he dreamed i killed (shot)his stepfather then i committed suicide (shot myself) plz help me interpret this for him to ease his mind. I have always been a spiritual person knowing dreams have different meanings but with this i need advice. Also how can i help him or explain to him what is causing these awful dreams every night. Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:55:57 AM by Luckeybug »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My 16 year old son has had very bad dreams for 2 weeks straight.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 10:28:48 AM »
Luckeybug – It looks awful when we dream it, but seeing your parents dead or killed, but at the age your son is, is often about his growing independence.

In the dream it is not you or his step father that is killed or died, but his dependent connection which has to be killed out for him to develop into the man he will grow to be. You were his whole world at one period, and you and his father figure were enormous teachers and examples; and that world has to be disconnected with to attain his independence.

In the entry father I have this – “To be free of the introverted restraints and ready made values gathered from our parents, at some time in our growth we may kill or bury them in our dreams. Although some people are shocked by such dreams, they are healthy signs of emerging independence. Old myths of killing the chief so the tribe can have a new leader, depict this process. When father or mother is ‘dead’ in our dream, we can inherit all the power gained from whatever was positive in the relationship.
Seeing parent drunk, incapable or foolish: Another means of gaining independence from internalised values, or stultifying drives to ‘honour’ or admire father or mother.”

The unconscious is a summary of the lives of all human beings, and the great moments of their lives are recorded and recreated in our dreams. The killing of the parents was the way in past ages, that the new man or woman could absorb the best of their parent, their strength and purpose and express in in their own unique way. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-conjuring-trick/ 

Tony
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:36:50 AM by Tony Crisp »