Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Giant dead insect in my care  (Read 5346 times)

jollybev

• View Profile
Giant dead insect in my care
« on: October 17, 2016, 10:15:46 AM »
Hello
Last night I dreamed that an old boss of mine (from my time in a school) entrusted me with a rare insect specimen. It was almost as large as my hand and looked very exotic. I put it in my bag - despite being aware that the insect was fragile and would likely be damaged by the other items in my bag. I was travelling up and down various levels of a strange building/environment where sometimes I am out in the open and sometimes I am in rooms. I am disorientated as my environment is changing all the time, but I know I have to keep travelling. I realise that if I put my glasses on I will feel less disorientated (I can hardly see without them in real life), and I also realise that the insect can then go into my glasses case and will be protected. But I can't find my glasses. I find lots of cases that are either someone else's, or they are too small to fit the insect inside, or I can't open them. I become frustrated and move on to another level. I stand in a huge room where the ceiling is covered in ancient green carpet. My boss reappears and reminds me to take care. I look down into my bag and I can see the insect is being squashed and I feel very disappointed in myself that I have acted so carelessly. Yet I still do not remove the insect from the bag and tell myself it might unfold unhurt at the end of my journey.
Any insights would be appreciated.
Beverley

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Giant dead insect in my care
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
Beverley – The Boss sounds like it represents the source of wisdom from your wider awareness. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/extending-your-awareness/

The insect is not a run of the mill creature, but is exotic, suggesting a link with the Wisdom side of you. So is much like the Egyptian Scarab beetle, which indicates the power, basically that of rebirth and renewal.

Example: I dreamt that I was with a very wise being like a teacher and that I had a Scarab (Egyptian Beetle) in my chest. The feeling I had was that it was alive and I had a very full feeling in my chest. The wise being told me it was all right and then he just said to me, “past lives.” Recently I have been meditating every day for 10-15 minutes and asking to be guided to my purpose in life. Maybe that has something to do with my dream.

But obviously you are not seeing the significance of this in your life, even though the voice if your wisdom told you to care for it. Also you must have been shifting levels within you, and thus feeling disoriented. There are several ways this confusion can occur. One is described in Anna’s feature Level Confusion (http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/level-confusion/)

I have noticed something similar when I have been involved in days of meditation or inner work. Once I led a ten-day workshop called Assisted Passage. The participants had not left the building and on the last day a young man went out to check his car. When he came back he was deathly white and said he had walked into a different world – the street outside. It was the shock of leaving a protective and almost womb like environment and meeting everyday life.

I believe it is like losing something or even someone. I noticed another example of it when working with a man and we were exploring merging – getting close to someone – and he really had to adapt to emerging from that closeness.

So ask yourself what are you not seeing, and what adaptations are you not handling well?

Obviously they are just suggestions, as is also the suggestion that you might find it helpful to wonder where the sacred, holy – the beetle – is in your experience, and how you can see it and car for it. Maybe recognise its wonder and give it a special place in your life. See http://dreamhawk.com/stories/the-sacred-shrine/

Tony

jollybev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 10:25:54 AM »
Thank you for your insight Tony. I agree that the boss is my inner wisdom trying to get my attention. A while ago I heard a voice whisper in my ear 'take care' as I was falling asleep. Another time I heard the whisper say 'number one', which I was confused about until my husband suggested it was a 'look after number one' message. I assume that the whispered messages, although sounding like they were said into my ear - were actually given to me by the same inner wisdom that appeared as my boss in this dream. I am a bit frustrated as I am actually taking better care of myself now than I ever have - but I am obviously missing something!
Thanks again
Beverley

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 10:39:04 AM »
Beverley - It is difficult sometimes to really be sure if what or how to care. But your dream and voices are trying their best, and it is on its way to be solved.

The voices are your dream process breaking through to your waking awareness. Another sign tat it will get through.

Have you tried http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/ 

Tony

jollybev

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 10:52:34 AM »
Thanks Tony. I bought your book 'Mind and Movement : The pratice of coex' a long time ago but didn't read it. I have just pulled it from the cupboard now - it seems like the right time.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 10:55:28 AM »
Beverley - Although to me the book describes a huge and wonderful magic, the book never sold.  It was the work I did with dreams that became popular.

But I think I have said it all in a shorter space in - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony