Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Children of the underground  (Read 3880 times)

Sevengirlchild

• View Profile
Children of the underground
« on: October 24, 2016, 05:34:12 PM »
Tony, first and foremost....thanks for your attention and guidance.  This is a reoccurring dream in my life...at least theme wise.  As a child I was obsessed with the end of times.  No, I'm not religious....quite the opposite.  I'm a pretty good artist and as a small child always drew the same thing.  I would draw a line on a piece of paper, representing the ground.  Underneath this line I would draw rows and rows of supplies needed for survival.  I mention this because as an adult I have the following reoccurring dream.  I dream of a storm.  I dream something is either happened or is about to.  I'm seeking shelter and the world around me has changed.  Homes are abandoned....and I am all alone.  I can't shake this feeling that something horrible is coming and the only safe place is in my childhood drawing; underneath the ground.  I hate this feeling.  Am I simply being influenced by my dreams?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Children of the underground
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
Sevengirlchild – I don’t think you are being influenced by your dreams, but your dreams are showing you the world as you see or sense it. But as dreams are often showing fears or traumas that as a child you could not face, you see yourself underground – the unconscious that has enormous supplies/resourses.

In fact in the last dream I wrote a reply to for you, it shows the enormous resources you have within you, but you need to bring them to the surface to meet and heal the fears or traumas – as a child we cannot deal with the emotional onslaught of fear or pain, but as adults we can start to meet them. I feel it is the real work of our life.

I wonder whether there is an element of abandonment here? It is often very subtle but it can lead to feelings that the end of your world and life are at stake.

But also the world we hang onto is always slipping away – change happens all the time.

Tony