Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Baby and Dog  (Read 4645 times)

Verdun

• View Profile
Baby and Dog
« on: November 06, 2016, 11:22:43 PM »
I dreamed I took care of a baby, he was not mine,he was the baby of my ex-boss (woman). I remember that I changed his diaper and I put him in the stroller. Then there is a dog in the dream, he didn't let me approach the baby. So I go to the kitchen, waiting for the dog to go away (I have feeling of neglect and / or abandonment in this part). When I come back, the stroller isn't. I find the stroller in the room, he's fallen on the floor. There is much confusion in the room, things are overturned. I find the baby alive, I take it in my arms, I apologize, and I give you affection (much love, as if he were my baby ), I hug and kiss him, and I say that everything will be fine. I go back to the kitchen with the baby, he looks dead, but I feel it's just sleeping, he's fine.

Any can help me with interpretation? Thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Baby and Dog
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 10:10:39 AM »
Verdun – Of course the baby is yours – all the images, people, animals, places we see in our dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. So, it makes sense to take the image of your dream person, thing or animal back into you and own it. In that way, you are actually meeting and dealing with the things about yourself you are not owning or conscious of. That is why dreams are often difficult to understand, because we are hiding things from ourselves. To really meet the baby of your dreams you can do this by using  http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

What your dream is saying, is that you took in things you learnt and interiorised from your ex-boss, and these and your own inner self gave birth to a new aspect of yourself – the baby. When you think about a friend or a person you meet, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they are what makes you the person you are.  The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner person can appear in dreams because you still carry the memories or impressions of them, and so they influenced what you hold within you.

The dog is your own instinctive feelings that guarded the young baby, because you had not recognised and treasured what your relationship with the ex boss had helped give birth.

The new part of you is sleeping and isn’t dead, so search yourself to find what is born in you. Like any baby, it is something new and vulnerable that has come to life – come to your life. The important question is, what is it that is new and growing in your love, in your work, or in yourself?

Tony