Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alone on a hike  (Read 3562 times)

Sweet lady

• View Profile
Alone on a hike
« on: November 13, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »
Hello again,

Thank you for your help with my last dream. Can you help me again?

This time I dreamt that I was setting off on a hike with a group of people, possibly including my husband. But then I realised, as we were having breakfast in a hotel, that I hadn't prepared any food to bring along with me, so I took some time to get some things from the breakfast buffet and put them in my backpack. But my delay meant that everyone left without me. When I realised this, I was scared. How am I going to find my way on my own, I thought? But then I set off walking and, much to my satisfaction, realised I was perfectly capable of finding my way alone. Along the way I passed some odd characters--men on horseback. Some were entirely covered (them and the horse) in an elaborately embroidered golden cover, others were actually riding half-horses (as if the horse had been cut in half from head to tail leaving one front leg and one hind leg), and others were riding on headless horses. In any case, none of the men on horseback bothered me, and I managed to find my way. And when I got to the bottom I rejoined one of the guys from my group, and it felt nice, like we were going to be together as boyfriend and girlfriend or something (oddly though, he didn't look like my husband), and then we both went swimming in a pool, which seemed like a nice, happy thing to do.

I think this dream has something to do with what's going on in my life at the moment, and I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on it. At the moment, I am imposing huge boundaries with my abusive, sociopathic parents who have hurt me again and again and continue to do it at any chance they have, but always deny everything. So I think in my dream I was afraid of walking along the path alone and not being able to find my way because in my waking life I'm scared of facing life alone. The fact that my husband was among the people who left me alone reflects my fear that my parents will turn him against me too, like they've tried to do with everyone over whom they have influence, and he will leave me. And I understand that my dream is telling me I can find my way in life even if I'm alone. But what I don't understand is what the men on horseback represent. Maybe these are my parents, who seem forbidding but on closer inspection are not as powerful as they seem, or are cloaked (not what they seem). And I also don't understand what it means that at the end I feel happy to meet up with one of the guys from the group that had left me behind and that we're going to be together. Why do you think he looked different from my husband? Do you think this means my dream is telling me my husband will leave me but I'll eventually meet someone else?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Alone on a hike
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 10:16:19 AM »
Sweet Lady – My take on your dream is that at the start you felt the need for nourishment – meaning nourishing your self, your confidence, your ability to stand up for yourself. Ask yourself what gives you or strengthens those feelings and take them with you on your journey through life.

You then faced your doubts about being independent, probably fed on a past diet of parental negativity. But you found your own confidence that you can manage alone.

The horsemen are powerful male figures; the golden cloaks represent the quality that cannot be tarnished and so is beyond value. The horsemen also say that you have the possibility in you of great instinctive energy, for the horse is both a domesticated animal allowing the human part of you to direct its enormous energy, and also a natural instinctive creature with its own sexual and activity needs.

That they are cut in half shows what you sometimes do to this powerful union of your male self and the natural in you – you only half express it, probably because you are anxious about allowing yourself to be so powerful – but you have it in you, so don’t be too sweet all the time.

It wasn’t that the group left you behind because you decided to stay to gather nourishment. The male in you wanted to push on. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/

He didn’t look like your husband because your inner male is a synthesise of all males you have interiorised. Of course, you will stay together, for he is you and you are him.

Example: Here I could not carry on talking for a while because the sense of wonder was so strong. But in that experience of splendour I saw that the man and woman in their love find themselves in each other. They are seeking themselves in the other. Just as we project God, Christ, angels, so we project on to our partner that wondrous lover that in fact is the union and wholeness of our own being. All we are seeking in the end is the Self. We are moving towards the realisation of splendour that lies at the core of our own being and of course the core of our partner – the splendour that is Life itself.

Tony